Monday, January 2, 2017

Good Day for a January 2nd!

Hey there.  I am a little tired but mostly in a really good mood.  Have today off from work and made it to the 9:00 class at #GeauxCrossfit.  If I didn't have to be at work so early, and I went to work out before work every morning, I would be in a much better frame of mind than I usually am when I start my workday.  Haha.

My attitude... one of the things I am praying for God to help me improve... and so, today, I will continue reading the Bible in hopes of making progress in that direction.  😊

Today we begin Genesis chapter 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, if Adam and Eve hadn't eaten the forbidden fruit, would we all be walking around today naked and unconcerned?  Kidding... but I believe God knew they would eat it.  God knows everything ahead of time because God is the One who wrote the original script.  I don't believe there's anything God doesn't know.  I don't believe God is ever surprised or caught off guard.

v. 12- the initial kickoff of the chronic "Blame Game"...

The man replied, “It was the woman you gave me who gave me the fruit, and I ate it.”

v. 16 - the first seed of marital strife is planted...

And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you

v, 17 - the institution of miserable workdays...

the ground is cursed because of you.  All your life you will struggle to scratch a living from it.

v. 20 - Then the man—Adam—named his wife Eve, because she would be the mother of all who live

The baby name websites list "Eve" as meaning "life."  Beautiful name.

v. 23 - the first eviction...

So the LORD God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made.

Gen. 4:7 - You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master

Jesus made this very simple for us... love the Lord your God with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself.

BAM.

Oh God, we need You so much.  Thank you for Your grace, strength, mercy and forgiveness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for today.  I'm at a coffee shop chillin for my first paid day off of the year.  The weather's looking nasty... better get going!

Stay blessed and CHOOSE ONLY LOVE!  💜💞🙏