Friday, January 6, 2017

JUMP THAT BOX!!

This afternoon, I went to CrossFit a little early and had some free time... so I worked on a few movements I've struggled with a little, and on some ab/core focused exercises I read about online.  One thing I haven't been able to do, or haven't had the confidence to try, is a box jump.  Pretty self-explanatory; you stand in front of a sturdy wooden box and... jump up onto it with both feet.  Like THIS

So I figured, what the hey, there aren't a lot of people in here who might see me if I make a fool of myself, might as well give it a shot... and I DID IT!  Then I did it again, and again, and again.  I was excited like a goofy little kid!

Just had to share that.  One of my personal greatest accomplishments of late.  It felt GREAT!

Lena asked me if I felt like a monkey, making those jumps... I told her no, more like a kangaroo.  Hahaha

Ha ha.  I am loving CrossFit and gaining the ability to do lots of things I couldn't do before!  Firming up, increasing my stamina and gaining confidence!

Can't skip this chance for a shameless plug... gotta support my peeps, the folks who are educating, training, challenging and constantly encouraging me... Geaux CrossFit is near Sherwood/Coursey in Baton Rouge. Geaux has great coaches and lots of people who are working out on a wide range of levels.  (In other words, there's a place for everyone, any anyone will fit right in, no matter what your fitness level.)

...AND they are offering 3 free classes for anyone who would like to check it out this month!  It's worth checking out.

Click on GEAUXCROSSFIT to see for yourself  ðŸ˜€

Investing in your health is one of the most worthwhile decisions you will ever make.

Stay warm on this frigid weekend!!

And remember... #ChooseOnlyLove


Nicole