Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Nephew Cuteness

My 7 year-old nephew is sweet and very smart. Also inquisitive, always wanting to know more or know why. He also likes to let you KNOW that he knows what he knows... because what use is knowledge if no one knows you have it, right? Right.

This past Sunday evening, my family was over at my sister's house. She had her Christmas tree set up and was letting the boys help hang ornaments when my aforementioned nephew began proliferating about the meaning of Christmas.

Nephew: I love Christmas! I mean I REALLY love Christmas! And Christmas is not just about presents; it's about God, and how God loves us, because Christmas is when God "Christed" Jesus!"

(May I interject how cute that was yet so true... God the Father made Jesus His Son to be our Christ... insightfully incorrect wording there, little guy.)

Nephew continues after pausing for a moment to think: What does "Christ" mean?

My sister: Christ means "anointed one."

Nephew: Huh? Why was he the annoying one?

Sister, laughing: No, the ANOINTED one. He was special.

That was so funny and cute, I just had to share it.

That's all for now. Here's a pic of my little sweetie when he was a little younger.