Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

It's my birthday.

I am 37 years old.

I do not feel "old." I just feel... like me!

It is FREEZIN FREAKIN COLD TODAY!!!!! Though, earlier, I did thank God that my birthday is a cold day this year. I still mean it.

I am grateful for my job, my home, my pets, my Lena, my church, my relationship with God and my family.

This past year (11/28 to 11/28) I have worked all at the same job, lived at the same place (well starting 12/1/11), gotten in a great new relationship (4/19), consolidated my school loan payments into one, and paid off a few debts. I also saw Melissa Etheridge in concert in Biloxi, MS and spend an amazing weekend in Pensacola Beach with Lena. I have fostered and adopted out somewhere in the neighborhood of 11-14 kittens and have done a little volunteer work at CAAWS, the Capital Area Animal Welfare Society here in Baton Rouge. I feel very good about that.

This next year, I need to pay off a lot more debts, have a substantial increase in income to be able to do so, fix up some things on my vehicle and put more effort into self-discipline including exercise and keeping my house clean.

This next year, I WANT to take Lena to Dallas, go to Chicago, go to Memphis, save up a lot of money, have plenty to spend next Black Friday, lose some weight and get in better shape.

All in all, I'd say my life is between pretty and really damn good. I am truly grateful for that and look forward to this next year... not as one more year to grow older, but as another year of opportunity to do good things and also to improve my own life!

And, as always, my goal remains to be a VERY sexy 40-year-old one day. :)

Here is a picture I took yesterday of my sweet girl Luna, who I've had for 6 years and is one of my closest and dearest friends: