Saturday, March 3, 2012

Misto

This weekend is my girl's birthday. I have a little surprise planned for her. Nothing pricey or extravagant... but a surprise. She likes surprises. And in my occasional surprises, and in some of our spontaneous explorations, we have cast some very remarkable memories.

Like the time we went for a walk and ended up in the Baton Rouge Gallery looking at pieces of artwork and sharing our views on each.

Like the night I sneaked us into a closed arboretum and we sat in the moonlight by a still and glassy pond... it was shivery cold... but exhilarating!

Like the Sunday afternoon I took her down 3rd Street and we had dinner at Lucy's.

Like the day referenced in my previous post when we were in the Shaw Center looking at art... I love that she appreciates art...

Like last Saturday... we walked from my house to Stanford Beach (It was a long walk, but we both enjoyed it! Did I mention I LOVE that she loves walking...) then walked barefoot in the sand, the length of the tiny beach and back, to symbolize the beach trip we're hoping to take in May. I am always asking her to tell me a story... she grew up in an enormous family - one of 8 children - and has had her own adventures as an adult, so she always a story within easy reach. I love that. After the sand experience, we laid on the grass and I read her a poem I found online. After that, we took the Love Language quiz. We have the same main love language! I love that, too. :)

Like last night, when we met some awesome friends at Hound Dogs for pool and laughing, then walked around in the crisp nighttime downtown. I took her to the 6th floor balcony outside Tsunami, on the top of the Shaw Center... it was cold but, again, exhilarating... we walked to a far corner of the rooftop and looked out over the Mississippi River bridge. We kissed. It was magical. On the corner of this rooftop balcony, we re-enacted the scene from "Titanic" where they're up at the bow of the ship, arms outstretched... and we laughed as we cried loudly, "I'm the king of the world!!"

I love her. She is wonderful and caring and mysterious and sexy and enchanting and I... am a goner. :)