Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Quieting Me With His Love

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

I love this verse. I found it on a webpage I found after Googling "Bible verses about hope."

This describes God's love so, so well! I want to meditate on this verse, to soak it into my soul.

My favorite part is, "He will quiet you by his love." That speaks volumes to me. To feel such strength in love that nothing worries you; nothing upsets you. To feel so loved and so safe that nothing else is even of consequence. That is GOOD love. The kind of love that makes you feel warm and safe and secure.

Love worth hanging onto. My girl gives me this kind of love. We can sit together in total silence and just feel peace. God's love to me through a person, I believe. God is so good, and so true.

Some are LIKE Him, but He is the only One who IS. Forever and ever.