Monday, February 20, 2012

Us

So, over the past few weeks my girl and I have been getting to know each other a lot better and have been growing closer and closer.

We laugh together when we discover yet another thing we have in common. Things that seemed like such huge differences now seem like opportunities to learn about each other and chances to try things in new ways.

She's so beautiful and such a strong woman... and she's humble... very independent and self-sufficient but not arrogant at all about it.

So yesterday after church... she told me a mutual friend had asked her if we were "together." She told me she thought a minute and told her yes... and she asked me if I was ok with her saying that without asking me first.

I said, "I am SO okay with that and I love it." We were in the Shaw center up the stairway looking at art... such a magical moment... and we hugged, and I said in her ear, "So are we... together, then?" She said, "I would like that." And I said, "So would I..." AHHHHHHH what a breathtaking moment!!!!!!!!

We took it so slow... I think that was key... neither of us rushed the other. Just kept checking the temp every here and there... do you know she PRAYS IN THE SPIRIT!!!!! She loves God SOOOO much!! That is so exciting and amazing and wonderful!!!

She really makes me so happy. We pray together sometimes... it's like out of a story or something... not to over- glamourize it... but the newness is still fresh and I want to still just take it one day at a time and keep our steady pace. This is working very well for us. She's a beautiful person inside and out. We can say anything to each other, or we can sit together and not have to talk at all.

We have shared very personal things about our lives - things that are scary to share... and every time, the one speaking was held tight by the other. The deeper the story got, the scarier the telling became, the stronger and safer was the holding. So comforting, so secure. We are culturing a very delicate and strong trust between us. That is amazing and beautiful.

I shared some of this with a friend today. She said, “I am so glad you are finding this love! You deserve it!”

I replied to this friend, “I don't know about all that... but I feel like SHE sure does, and I want to do my very best by her.” I do. I value this woman, her company, her person, her worth in God’s eyes… I never want to hurt her, overlook her, or damage the trust we are building.

We spent together yesterday afternoon into the evening. Long walk, a movie, kisses, the acoustic guitar came out, I sang a few songs, she played a little bit, more sharing, plenty more kisses, and of course a good dose of silly… I love her. I love that we have FUN together! And I love that we can both completely be ourselves with each other, with no fear of rejection or hurt.

I love that I feel safe with her. I hope she feels the same with me.

Thank You, God, for putting this amazing woman in my life. I am blown away, and that is amazing in itself. :)