Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Wisdom of Gene Simmons

This past Sunday morning, I woke up very early in the Queen & Crescent Hotel in New Orleans. Carrie was asleep. Until I was able to fall back to sleep, I watched the show "Biography" on the History Channel. First they showed one about Meatloaf (...) and then Gene Simmons.

Gene said something that has stuck with me. Basically, no matter what you do, be it rock and roll or whatever career or anything you want to do, you have to work hard at it to be successful. He talked about how you had to WORK HARD if you were a songwriter; not just sit around and wait, hoping to be "inspired." If you want to be successful at ANYTHING, you give it the best HARD WORK you have.

So I am attempting to do my best hard work at school and otherwise. Have to run - more to come... :o)