Sunday, December 21, 2008

Could I maybe REALLY??

I am at CC's... pedaled here... call it being "green" or call it an attempt to justify what I knew I would consume once I got here... hehe..

To be honest, I have had a pretty sucky-feeling day today. Worked on a few projects, cleaned up a little in the house, took a nap... but mostly felt blah and uninspired. My sweet, sweet Carrie is in PA again... her grandmother passed this week and she was able to get up there in time to be with her for most of a day before she slipped away into surely a much better place. My poor sweet girl... her 2nd loss of such a huge, hit-home nature in one year... her father passed away this May. I miss her and wish I could be with her, but she knows I love her. I am taking care of all our "kids"... and thinking of her constantly.

Finally, mostly because Rocco would not stop squawking or screaming or whatever you want to call it, I decided I needed to get out of the house. So I came here, and decided I wanted to find something on the internet to inspire me or cheer me up.

I came to the realization a few weeks ago that I would love to earn a degree in Art Therapy! I mean, I really would love that. I feel a passion for this idea and that is a huge deal; as in, I didn't have a drop of passion for the BA in Social Work I earned as an undergrad. I just needed to declare a major, so I picked what 2 of my friends had picked. It was interesting and I liked most of what I studied, especially the psychology classes, but I never had a driving passion to BE a social worker. Maybe a mild desire... nothing more. I guess that's why I've never felt an overwhelming urge to trudge my little feet through the forest called grad school to become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.

But NOW!! Now, I finally feel like I know what I want to be when I grow up. Aye karumba, this is a great feeling. Carrie bought me a book on Art Therapy for my birthday and, this evening, I have researched where I can go to attain such a degree. Most of the schools... I'd say 80-90% of schools with an Art Therapy program... are in the north. There is one I found at the University of Florida... but I hate hot weather as much as Carrie hates cold weather... so maybe if I can go somewhere in-between...?? Seriously, most of the schools are in Illinois, New York and Pennsylvania... Pennsylvania, the cold and snowy place Carrie fled for the hot humidity of New Orleans.

We'll see. It's a bit of time between here and there; Carrie is going to start a program down here that she has the same passion for; she wants to be a forensic anthropologist. I love her and want her to reach this goal and dream in her life. There are courses I'm sure I can take in the meantime, down here (meaning Louisiana, or online, or who knows...); credits to apply to an Art Therapy program later on. We'll see. I read a scripture today that said "With God, NOTHING shall be impossible." And nothing... means NOTHING!! hehe So we'll see how this pans out in the scheme of things.

I am grateful for Carrie! Between us is a strong love and a strong sense that either of us would support the other 100% in what we want to achieve in life. That's a great thing to feel and to know.

I miss her and can't wait to hug her for a long time... it will be cold when she gets back here and I will hug her warm. :o)

God is very good to me. You know what else the Bible says? "'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you; to give you a future and a hope.'" THAT is AWESOME to know!

I am totally doing the Snoopy dance inside!! hehe...