Friday, November 28, 2008

So It’s My Birthday... I Hope I Have Fun...

Yeah, John Lennon... anyway... so today I woke up 33 years old. Lying in bed, I thought for a moment to see if I "felt" older. I concluded that I did not; I still feel the same as I did yesterday. Which I guess is good. Only difference I can sense it that... well I've always felt like people viewed me as a kid, even all the years I've now been an adult. And every birthday, I feel a sense of accomplishment... not a sense that people do NOT view me as a kid... but... that I care less and less every year. *grin* heh... So maybe I view my SELF as less of a kid.

Woke up this morning in Port Arthur, TX at Carrie's aunt and uncle's house where we ate Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. Beth and Kenny are very cool. Just a little younger than my parents; I don't know, my dad and Kenny might be the same age come to think of it. The two of them and Carrie are out in the garage smoking. I went out there awhile, while I drank my coffee, to be sociable and to be a decent guest. Came back in when I'd reached my tolerance level of cigarrette smell, ha...

I feel a bit introspective today and so I value some time alone, even though I am at someone else's house. This family makes me feel very comfortable and accepted; kind of a come-as-you-are theme around here, which is truly Christlike and very commendable. I am sitting alone on their sofa in their living room, using their laptop... it's all cool.

Carrie has promised me we can do whatever I want today since it's my birthday. I want to get back to Baton Rouge as soon as possible because I want to see my cousin Heather and her two men... husband Pete and little dude Tyler... who is SOOOO cute... but I haven't seen them in a long time and I want to get a chance to visit, if only for a little bit, before they head back to the tip of Florida. And I want them to meet Carrie. I want everyone to meet Carrie and proclaim, unspoken, "This is HER!! Isn't she great!!" Especially to those in my family I feel more sure will be receptive toward her. Heather is one of those. My buddy cousin from way, way back. She is 4 months older than me to the day. We grew up together, making up clubs and plays and dances and games and you name it... anyway it's important to me to see her today.

I know Carrie promised her grandmother last night that we would be by to visit her before we left town. Her grandmother is awesome. But I want to see my family as soon after that as possible.

So here's to being 33 and hopes for a good day!