Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Late Night

Well here I am again, on the couch. And there is Carrie again, asleep to my right... we really don't do this every night. *grin* Nah, she's just been feeling bad... saw a doctor today, got some medicine too... consequently, she's down for the count. I woke her up a little, earlier, and said, "Baby, you wanna come to bed? You'll be more comfortable..." She just smiiiiiled and nodded and mumbled something... and she has not moved since. I just wanted to make sure she wasn't going to wake up sore from sleeping "all in a pretzel," as she has put it before. She is so beautiful. I love watching her sleep and love knowing her worn-out body is getting a chance to rest.

So here I stay, faithful, by her side... sweet, I know... You know, I'm a real catch! *grin* I am a CAUGHT catch and very happily so. Life is so good right now. I finally feel like things are falling into place the way they should. I mean just in my feelings... there are some details in my life that are not quite as they should be... like... needing a job and... owing all but my soul to way too many different debtors... but at least I feel like I'm in a good place and on the right track.

I have been applying and even interviewing like a mad banshee with no results yet... minus one temp-to-perm position I was offered without even an interview... but that was not at all right for me. Long story; just trust me on that one. Today I went around applying at lower-caliber places... as in, not offices, but stores and such. I applied at Tuesday Morning... I would LOVE to work there, get to see all the things they sell and get a discount... my small piece of heaven, heh... Only thing is, the very low rate of PAY... but something is more than nothing, so we'll see what comes of it.

I also applied at Pearson's Luggage and Gifts... one of those places where people with money buy things I would probably get at WalMart, heh... and I applied at a froo-froo grocery store... and at Chili's, where I am to return tomorrow and take a personality test. Waiting tables can bring in some money, if people tip right, especially during the holidays. So we shall see!

ALSO, I have an interview on Monday with a business office place. It would pay better, but be a lot less fun. I wish the fun jobs paid better. Wish in one hand... right? Yeah yeah. :o)

My dad's birthday is tomorrow. I believe he will be 52. Young dad, compared to the dads of a lot of people I know. I made his present earlier. He's going to like it. I just know he is. I feel all squirmy-excited like a little kid. Take a look:



He's "Daddy" to me but, now that Abel and Avery are around, he has become "Pa-Pa Kevin." Yep, there's my dad looking SO "That 70's Show"... and little me. Cute, yes, I know. *grin* That is a very realistic portrayal of him back in the day, though! He was all groovy and stuff. Sssssssolid, man. heh....

Sometimes I think it would be cool to sell South Park pictures of people, like at a fair or art show or something. It's a kind of caricature; a picture of them with South Park-shaped features... with the details reflecting something about their life or personality. I've done a bunch and all the people I've done them for have loved them.

I need to go to bed. Maybe I can get Carrie to accompany me if I try again. The way she's laying looks pretty uncomfortable... but she is sleeping very deeply. I love her with my whole heart. I know what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. :o)