Monday, November 24, 2008

Knot in the Throat

Well whaddaya know, it was bound to happen, but I have been friend-requested by a long-ago ex. I should have expected it; she's come up in conversation a number of times in the last few days. Today Carrie and I went to Macaroni Grill after church and were talking about past experiences that were tough. So anyway... now I have a friend request. And I don't want to accept it... but I also don't want to refuse it; experience has shown me that is a good way to invite drama. I am in another state, almost 500 miles away, in a wonderful relationship with the most wonderful woman I have ever known. Ahh, life...

Carrie has an ex very much like the one I had. They had a similar relationship to the one I had with this girl; good and bad in many of the same ways. And so I understand when her ex is trying to contact her; the questioning whether to respond, or how... we each understand for the other.

I want to just leave it alone and move forward. Leave it alone and move forward. Leave it alone and move forward.

I think I know how to handle this. Hiding never made anything better; just even more dramatic.

My sweet, beautiful life partner is asleep to my right on this sofa in our little duplex. I thanked her earlier today because she makes me feel peaceful; I know I can trust her and that she will not hurt me. Thank you, God, for my Carrie. I am blessed.