Thursday, November 13, 2008

Faith is Seldom Fun

I am, once again, between jobs. By no wrong of my own; my last two gigs have been temp assignments... the latter of which paid me less than a respectable wage, but was better than what I would have made otherwise in that time period, which would have been nothing. Long sentence. Anyway... just biding my time, filing my bills for someday, and avoiding collectors, which seems to be the story of most of my adult life.

Last week I had two interviews for state jobs which both would have been great... and I'm not saying I *didn't* get either of those jobs; I just haven't heard back from either, so far.

Tomorrow I have another state job interview... I like the idea of state jobs, because it's a pretty secure system to work in. Regularly scheduled reviews and percentage increases, lots of chances to advance or transfer, and insurance... I love insurance. I had insurance in 2007, for the first time in a long time, and I got some fillings and a nice root canal/crown job done. Insurance is nice.

I also have an interview next Tuesday with a very large company that supposedly really likes my resume and supposedly will pay me well... supposedly very well, though the definition of "very well" can vary from one person's perception to the next. It would be a contract job for 18 months through an agency, and then potentially permanent. Which would be sweet. But "contract" does not include insurance; however, if the "very well" level of pay is enough, perhaps I could get my own. Or maybe through the agency.

Here we have an example of Nicole writing just to write. I haven't in awhile and it helps... kind of a "mind-purging."

I'm at home with Carrie. I'm watching Criminal Minds with the occasional glance of my left eye... mostly listening... reclining caddy-cornered on the sofa with two little pillows behind me, legs folded up indian-style. Carrie is on her computer too, filling out forms online for school. Luna and Vladimir are playing... toussling around, you might say... it's cute. Luna needed somebody new to pal around with. The other 2 cats are old codgers who have no use for a dog; Vladimir is a frisky kitten who still has his "pair" and was not afraid of Luna from day one... I think it took Luna longer to get used to Vladimir than vice-versa, ha... but the two of them run around and chase each other, sometimes play with a toy together. It's cute. I know Luna misses having a dog to rough around with. She misses her old pal Lo... when I pet her head and talk about Lo, she looks all sad.

My next-door neighbor has a huge dog named Bruce. Bruce is part great dane and part... not sure, but he has a beautiful coat... he looks kind of like swirly ice cream. Here's a picture:



Anyway, he and Luna don't really groove together. They aren't at odds; just don't seem to have much interest in being friends.

I said faith is seldom fun because having to wait for an answer, even when you know deep down it's going to come, is often grueling... tiring... frustrating... sometimes depressing... etcetera. But SOMETHING has to break open SOME time soon... and it will. I just need to wait, trust, and do what I know.

Here's a crazy pic of my grrl a month or so ago when we were down in the French Quarter... she's awesome. Carrie is so good to me and I am grateful to have her in my life.



I love her, love her, love her. Carrie just makes life that much better. :o)

Hanging in there,

Nic