Friday, August 1, 2008

Basketballs Don’t Bounce Well in Puddles

Fuck the world and all its rules, all its protocol

as I stride down the street in the light rain

bounce, bounce, bounce, catch

step

step

bounce, bounce, bounce...

raindrops adorn my shirt

through the grass and the

bottom inch or so of my jeans legs gets

wet

splash

splash

BAM!

bounce, catch

hand, backboard, puddle

repeat

just because I care

don't get mad

I fucking care

splash

drops in my eyes

on my cheeks

forehead

bounce, bounce

BAM!!

bounce... swishhhhhhhhh...

brush the hair off my

face

shirt now

wringable

pants legs

spotted

bounce

bounce

BAM!

splash, catch

BAM!!

I'd sweat but who could tell

cry but who could distinguish

so I don't

fuck it

raindrops open my soul

I will grow muscles

then nothing will scare me

bounce

BAM!!

FUCK IT

fuck it all

I'm wet

so fuck you too.