Sunday, March 10, 2019

You Would Love My Life

Today, as I write this, I am sitting out in my front yard. 

Image result for clip art front yard

The grass is starting to cry out to be mown but, then again, it adds a sort of naturish "wabi sabi" effect to this setting.

It is 4:53 pm.  Yesterday, around this time, darkness would have been hovering.  However, today is the first day of daylight savings. 

Image result for clip art daylight savings time
I love daylight savings.  To the point, my favorite thing about daylight savings is the hours of daylight I have after the end of my workdays.  I can run or do whatever in the world I want with much less fear of feeling unsafe.

Today, in my worn and weathered plastic chair, I am enjoying the sunshine and the brand-new gentle warmth of the season. 

Image result for old cracked plastic chair (picture this but a lot dirtier and with a cracked seat)

Luna is out here with me (my dog), on her screwed-in-the-ground tie, basking near me in the shade of our neighbor's house.
Image result for clip art cartoon dog lying in grass
My cat Hippie is hunched on the ground about 3 yards or so from a neighbor's cat.  This cat is his friend, I guess.  Not snuggly huggy friends but, then, he's a guy so... most guys don't do that with their friends.  Dey cool.
Image result for clip art cartoon cats staring contest

A helicopter just shot a straight line across the sky above me.

Coming from inside the house of my neighbor Maria is a soothing, relaxing flow of music.  Maria is masterful on her keyboard and can sing anyone's face off, as well.  She will go from singing lifting hymns to rocking some serious Fleetwood Mac or Heart.  Free outdoor entertainment.  Beautiful.

Image result for clip art lady playing keyboard

On Friday, March 1, I went to the Woman's Hospital and had a laparoscopic hysterectomy done.
Image result for laparoscopic hysterectomy incisions (Obviously this is not me.  If only, LOL... but this is a pretty accurate depiction of where my incisions were made.)

For the past week or so, I've been at home recovering.  This is the first time I've spent outdoors.  I am loving it.

Uh oh... Discovery Channel time... as Hippie treads carefully toward the side of a flowered bush, diametrically across from his feline friend, so far unseen...
Image result for cartoon cat stalking another cat

And there goes Maria down the street walking her dog Mercy.  She named him Mercy because of the terrible conditions in which he was found before she adopted him.  Mercy is a sweet, sweet black and white dog and Maria shows him all kinds of caring.  They are a match made in heaven, you could say.
Image result for cartoon lady walking dog

Anyway, the surgery... I will be home next week as well.  I had thought, ah ha ha, I get two weeks off work to be lazy and do whatever I want!!  But no... this recovery time has been just that:  recovering.  Pain and limited movement... not much fun.

On the other side of us lives a college-aged lesbian couple who, as far as I can tell, are super-cool.  One name I can't call to mind at present, and Natalie.  So nice to live near "family!" 

Image result for azaleas  Lena has been jonesing for some low-maintenance flower bushes.  I have also been wanting to plant some container veggies for this spring.  But I have to wait until I can lift again.  I don't want to mess up any healing that has transpired.

A...nywho.  Just wanted to share a little of what I appreciate about my day-to-day.  I am very thankful for where I live, those I live with, and those I live around. 
Image result for clip art cartoon friendly neighborhood

Love to all you folks!
Nicole