Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Remember Me

Still reading Psalms.  It occurred to me, David wrote what he was thinking, feeling, needing - fearing.  Longing for.  His words show true human weakness and need.  Psalms are honest cries... "God, You are strong and able.  This is where I am; right or wrong, this how I'm feeling.  Please step over the clutter of all my feelings and worries and please come help me."

It occurred to me, I could do the same.  So I wrote this just now.  I didn't put much thought into it; just let words flow.  Maybe plain truth is better than iambic pentameter, alliteration and a catchy rhyme scheme.

Maybe I could write my own book of Psalms, you know?

So here is what was birthed, with minimal analysis, from my mind this morning.  I tried to tap into the true flow of me, below the surface.  Honest, undecorated, free-flowing truth.

Nicole's Psalm 1.  😄


God, You are strong
Sure, stealthy, safe
Your promises are protection
Playing, praying, pure
Please remember me
Always, everywhere, forever
Surround me
In the safe place where I can reach up and
Trace Your face
With my childlike finger
Remember me
Never turn me away
I crave the feeling of safety
Safe, sure, surrounded by
Warm stability
Remember me
Past my insecurities
Past my fallings, fears, faults
My forgetfulness
You do not want wise words
You have my heart
Hold it in Your hands
Remember me