Monday, December 25, 2017

It is MORNING

Image result for christmas morning clip art

I woke up earlier from one of the sickest, most terrifying... "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad..."  dreams I have had in recent history.  My stomach still feels a little... burned... and knotted up.

At first, I was going to blog the dream but I thought better of that; the things in that dream are not things I want to share with the world wide web.

A few more ideas came and went, then I decided to just put it aside, at least for now, and read the Bible, as is my morning practice.

Currently, my reading is in the Book of Psalms, and I decided to read until I found an answer or an antidote to the creepy way I was/am still... feeling.

I read with fervor, if one can read with fervor... anyway, it took me a chapter or two but I finally found my answer.  The verse is familiar to me and I knew when I saw it that its words were, especially today, from God to me.

Psalm 30:5 - "Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning."

And, my friends, it is MORNING.  The night is over, and things played out in my dreams at night need not be dragged into the day.  Now it is morning, a new beginning, a fresh start.

And CHRISTMAS morning at that!  Merry Christmas!

I recently listened to an audio book entitled, "The Shack."  Words cannot adequately describe how profoundly the content of this book has affected me.  My feeling of closeness to God  has multiplied, for starters.  This book is also a movie and I implore anyone who likes to feel better... to consume this book in whatever medium most appeals to you.

I'm going to go now and enjoy this crisp, cold Christmas morning.

I will write more soon, about good things and about my goals for the coming new year.

Love to you all.

Nicole