Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving Prayer to God

I love You, Lord.

I love You with all my heart, mind, soul and strength.  Though, sometimes, I think I could express that a little better.  But, even in quiet places, my heart shouts my love for You and, in that same heart, my legs leap in excitement!

You are so good to me.  I am more grateful than there are words to express.  I am not "wealthy" by American economic or consumer standards... but I lack for NOTHING and, for that, I am excited and grateful.

You have set me up so that I never have to worry if I'll be able to pay a bill, if I'll have clothes to wear or food to eat.  I never have to worry if I will have food for my pets... nor if I'll have books to read, art to create, or things to do.

I never have to worry if I will be lonely.  While I always have the option of spending time alone (honestly one of my favorite things to do, haha...), I also always have the option of reaching out and finding company for outings, talks, prayers, exercise and good laughs.  Thank You.

Lord, thank You for deciding to put me HERE in the world, this whole big world - you put me in one of the most well-off nations there is with super defense systems and every kind of freedom one could need.  When you were deciding where I would be born, you chose Baton Rouge, LA in the USA.  You made that decision for a very specific purpose, and I am grateful.

I do pray for our President.  We're supposed to do that anyway... but this one, I feel, especially needs Your help.  Please help him to make wise decisions, please help him to be fair, and please give him compassion for people who are in need of shelter, provision and protection.  Please help him not to make an ass of himself to other world leaders... please help him to put the well-being of our country ahead of his own.  Please calm things down with North Korea.  Please put a filter over his mouth and help him to pause and think before he speaks.  Please bless him with a heart full of genuine love and kindness.  And please help him to treat his wife with heartfelt love and respect.

Thank You for this nation.  Thank You for the sacrifices people made, years and years ago, to travel off into the unknown and learn of this continent.  Please bless the Native Americans and their children.

Help me, Lord, to give as freely as I receive.  Help me to, without resentment, help homeless people who ask me for money.  Even if they're not really homeless... help me just to give because You said to.  Even if someone lies to me, hoping to score a dollar off me, Your word says to bless those who curse me, and that I should pray for those who despitefully use me.  Thank You for my blessings.  Help me to share more and to just keep my eyes on You... putting my treasures up in heaven for safe keeping, where moths and rust cannot destroy it.

Thank You for my family.  Please bless my family.

I could go on and on, but You know my heart.  I love You, my Jehovah, and I give thanks to You on this special holiday.

Love forever,
Nicole