Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Stillness

Hello there. Just sitting on the love seat this morning next to my actively - grooming cat Leroy Brown Fontaine. I am enjoying this time just taking it easy with my Lena and my furbabies.

Not feeling overly - inclined to go to church these days... Can't really explain why, it's more that I'm just happy at home. I love God, God loves me, I talk to God and vice versa... I read the Bible, Lena and I discuss the Bible together. I guess that might sound like I'm trying to justify my not going to church, but I'm really not. Just explaining my thoughts.

I appreciate a format to share my thoughts, document what goes on in this head of mine, and maybe just kind of paint a picture of my life that someone else, somewhere, might enjoy viewing.

Yesterday, I was at work for 9 hours. Actually a little more but anyway... I did lots of physical work - climbing up and down ladders, emptying shelves of glassware, cleaning the shelves, and putting the glassware back in a somewhat more organized arrangement.  It was pretty cool, no one bothered me all day and that was awesome, hahaha.

I had my little CD player in the room where I was working and I finished off a book on CD I've been listening to about the role played by new immigrants to the United States during the First World War. I enjoyed that book on CD, and really have a greater appreciation for immigrants and their contribution to the strength of our country.

I have nothing against President Obama's actions taken on immigrants. I think that has to do with my attitude toward animals, haha. If I could, I would take in every stray animal and house it and feed it and love it. Of course, that's not practical and I believe that Lena would probably pack up and leave, haha... But that's my attitude toward people, especially from Mexico. People come here because they are needy and we have so much abundance in this country. Let them stay! Let them stay and have a safe place to live, probably nicer accommodations than they had before, cleaner drinking water, etc etc. Just let them stay.

I bet some people might disagree with my viewpoint there, but that is what I think. People should be able to agree to disagree.

In other news, Lena was just brushing Hippie with a large paintbrush. I thought that was kind of funny. Might make a funny cartoon drawing; painting the cat, haha.

Lena had a contractor over here yesterday to discuss how to make our oven-like living area more livable. We thought we just needed a larger air conditioner unit with more BTUs, but he said we could put as bigger a unit in the wall as we wanted and it still wouldn't make a difference. He said what we needed was a good ceiling fan to circulate the cool air, and he would install it for a labor charge of $110.

We think that's awesome and we are going to speak soon to our landlord and ask him if we can buy a fan, have it installed, and take the expense out of our next rent payment. That's kind of the way were having to do things with this landlord. He's not that much of a get-up-and-go kind of guy haha but, if we do the legwork on needed repairs or tweaks in this house, mostly he thinks that's great.

I am omitting here my thoughts about how it takes a woman to get things done in this world because men can be very lazy haha that was rude; maybe I should take that out... but Lena says leave it so I will! Anyway that's the truth from my vantage point.

I'm so glad the temperature is somewhat regulating here in Louisiana. South Louisiana, that is. For the past week or even maybe 2 weeks its been in the 100 degree range, with heat indices up to 115! That is crazy psycho ridiculous. This week, the highs will only reach to the low 90's, and that is beautiful and wonderful and something for which Lena and I are both extremely grateful. Maybe we would not appreciate highs in the lower nineties as much if we had not experience that period of such extreme heat. 

So, that's the news from Lake Woebegone, where are all the lesbians are strong, all the gay men are pretty, and all the furbabies are above average. Later, friends. :-)