Saturday, March 1, 2014

Floating

Today I was so depressed I could hardly breathe. Figuratively. I could barely function...

...OFF AND ON. I would start to feel great and think, "Man, I've licked this thing!" Then, moments later, it was like a wrecking ball smashed into my head and I was miserable.

One moment I would feel hope, the next moment I would feel utterly flat.

I don't know what set off this recent emotional onslaught; usually I'm a steady "okay."

I did start to get some clarity, here and there, and I was writing down ideas on how to make my life both simpler and also more effective. Then the wrecking ball would swing in and I was useless.

I even cried toward the end of the day at work.

I drove home and called Lena. We talked awhile, I opened up, and she was wonderful. I could not ask for a more supportive, compassionate and understanding partner.

Then I came inside and slept for almost 2 hours.

Abd I felt... TENTATIVELY... a little bit better.

I stayed home tonight instead of going to Lena's likely we'd originally planned.

And so I say I'm floating. No longer drowning but, rather, lying wet in a rescue life raft.

Being very still... and very quiet.

This whole experience has really shaken me. But I'm learning, and moving forward VERY slowly.

I need to go to sleep. Would be very grateful for prayers. Thank you!