Saturday, December 29, 2012

GoodReads Profile

Lately I have discovered several really awesome websites... getting more into ebay, loving the hell out of PaperBack Swap, and a great site called Goodreads... . All very worth perusing at the very least.

This morning, this lovely Saturday morning, I find myself at work... not my favorite choice for a Saturday morning but hey, the overtime is awesome. We have to finish our inventory so before you criticize me for being online, we have not yet started inventorying for the day. :-)

Anyway, this morning I finally completed my profile on Goodreads.com and would like to share it in this blog post. I think it pretty much paints an accurate-though-brief picture of me these days.

"I live in Baton Rouge with my 2 cats Hippie and Leroy, and my sweet dog Luna. I am a lesbian and have a wonderful life partner but we chose not to "U-Haul" and have a wonderful relationship still living in our own homes. Which of course is subject to change when the time comes but, for now, things are just right. I am a part of Metropolitan Community Church of Baton Rouge. Currently my mind has been opening more and more which is surprisingly refreshing, not scary at all. (I grew up in an ultra-conservative, mainstream Charismatic church where you believed what you were taught and didn't question.) For a while, all I read were self-help books... trying to figure out how to not be gay (ha ha) but these days I am learning how much I fanatically love fiction and read every chance I get. I am also interested in sociology, social work, art and psychology. My #1 dream goal is to become an Art Therapist. Any recommendations on books to that effect would be welcomed. Nice to meet you all!"

Now. The Electronic and Instrumentation room calleth, and I must go count, list, relocate and document its contents. Have an awesome weekend!!