Saturday, February 19, 2011

Foxapalooza

I told Carrie I was having a Fox News overload. Her response? "Well I'm not even watchin' it!" YES BUT IT'S ON. *sigh*

I say that with a hint of humor. That's our thing; that's our way. We're alright.

It's almost 8 on a Saturday morning and, like Carrie said earlier, that kind of is sleeping in when you're used to getting up at 5. Though, like she also said, 9:30 would be more like it.

Looks like it rained last night. It's not SUPPOSED to rain any more... at least not for awhile... and yes I'm pouting, but we had a long string of horrible weather... freezing cold and lots of mud. The weather people were saying it was going to stay pretty for awhile. I hope it brightens up today.

There's a parade tonight called the Krewe of Vieux. It's like Spanish Town; makes light pokes at political figures. I kind of want to go but moreso want to go to church tomorrow. I am going to church, period. We have had to miss 2 weeks bc of not having the gas money. I got paid yesterday. I'm goin to church tomorrow. :)

A lot has happened since I last blogged. Egypt ousted its dictator president, now almost all of the middle east countries want to do the same. Also, now all the teachers in Madison, WI are having a big protest party because their state government wants them to BEGIN paying six percent of their health insurance premiums. As opposed to paying nothing, like they are used to. Get the hell over it. Be grateful you HAVE a job and have insurance. Not everyone can say that.

I'm sick of hearing about WI on the news, is my point.

My latest musical fascination is Adele. WOW. Tie my heart in a knot, man... it's not even a physical attraction; I'm just enamoured by her voice.

Her songs make me want to write more music. :)