Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Music in the Morning

Things that have crossed my mind lately:

Yesterday, walking from work back to the bus stop in the afternoon, the dry grass crunched beneath my feet. I prayed for rain soon... then rethought my prayer and asked for the rainfalls to be scheduled intermittently around the times Carrie and I will be moving this weekend. I figure if God can make it rain, surely He can also schedule the rain around what I need to get done. :o) Then I thanked him for the tiny cloud that rested in front of the sun, if only for a moment... it was a nice moment. Been close to 100 degrees the past 2 days!

I have been making bus friends. :o) One is a girl I talked with for a length of time outside a grocery store waiting for a bus on the way home. I've seen her two or three times since then and we always wave. Two is a chick in a scrib suit who works in a nursing home and loves to talk about her life... merging into new topics at a pace so rapid I can usually not keep up... and I find her hard to understand so usually I just nod, or change the topic to something I feel like talking about. She doesn't seem to mind... or notice. :) But she's friendly, and that is nice.

Three, is a girl I've seen a few times. She works at the Wendy's over by Siegen WalMart. Very thin girl, very dark skin, and these sunglasses that curve around the sides of her face giving her head this cool aerodynamic look. We have talked on a number of occasions. She's nice. Yesterday we spent about 30 minutes on a bench together... waiting, always waiting... and talked a lot until scrub suit chick showed up and comandeered the conversation. For a while there, sunglasses chick and I were sitting there, both leaned forward with our hands clasped and faces down... I laughed inside, thinking it looked like we were having a prayer meeting at the bus stop. *grin* Later I joked with her that if she had some change we should go in the car wash behind us. She could go into one stall, I suggested, and I could go into another, and each get a hose... and have a water sprayer fight. She thought that was a grand idea... but we stayed on the bench.

I know none of these people's names; just their faces, and the same in reverse. But they make my commute-ay that much nicer.

Today a very kind guy gave me change for a $5. Learned after entering the bus that the money machine only takes change and $1's. Always wondered about that... at least now I know. He gave me change for my $5 and I thanked him at least 2 or 3 times. :o)

Tigers lost last night. Sorry to my TX friends, but this is where we will have to part ways for a time. You WILL have your longhorn asses handed to you on a baseball platter this evening. :o) No matter where I roam, I will always be a Tiger fan first and foremost!!

Alright. Off to face the day. Weeeeeeeeeeeee...... heh...