Monday, June 22, 2009

Latina Music and a Torn Lampshade

I'm thinking I should possibly find some line of work I could do from this comfortable chair in CC's on Bluebonnet & Perkins. I think that would suit me just fine.

I've been praying this morning for help to not care what my boss thinks about me. Or about what she more than likely spouted off about me during my absence on Friday. She talks about EVERYBODY behind their back to everybody else. Surely I am not exempt. The harsh realities of life in this world of grownups who still act like children... hmmph.

Carrie and I have a lot to do this week. On Saturday, we went and saw the place we'll be living. It is TINY. Literally we were trying to come up with engineering schemes as to how we will fit two birdcages in there plus three cats and a Luna. Tight quarters... but we will make due. Like Jennifer Aniston's character said in "Marley and Me," "Home is wherever we are." I like that.

So, no, I don't want to go to work today. I need to look for another job. Start calling around again. That's the beauty of temp assignments. When they start pissing me off, I can leave in a crafty way so as not to burn bridges. As far as life and work history and credit ratings... I've already screwed up all that... so I'll just do my best day to day and not worry about the rest.

Sometimes I just want to run...

But I know that when I got there, wherever "there" ended up being, I would miss what I left.

So I stay, live day-to-day, and get by... wishing I had more friends from whom to get a little help. :o)

Lot of packing to do this week. Lots of moving to do this weekend. Lots of schoolwork to do simultaneously.

But in a year, I will have a power-packed master's degree that will have me set to earn a LOT more money than I do now, and set to BE the person who calls the shots instead of the mere underling to whom the shots are dealt.

And I will spend some of my days working from a computer in a comfortable coffee shop chair, just like I am right now.

There is hope even yet.