Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Grumbling Toward Ecstasy... and a crawfish boil

Yeah yeah... today might as well be a good day because I encountered enough crap yesterday to cover at least two days and maybe even the whole week. Pfft.

Carrie gave me a ride to work this morning. Nice of her.

I have some new pictures to show. Pretty cool stuff. So here we go.

My family had a crawfish boil for Mothers Day. This is my buddy Taylor (Kristie's son) making friends with one of the crawfish. Too cool.



Kevin and Abel... the boys are getting so big! heh...Kevin too... *grin* (Just kidding; I'm getting big myself. Need to cut BEER out of the diet, I'm thinking....)



Me & Carrie. She had a good time that day. I was glad. Sometimes she's been uncomfortable around my family because some of them have been less than welcoming toward her... and I don't like that. But she had fun at the crawfish boil.



Me & Kristie, hamming it up.



My PapPa. I love him. He's really quiet these days and needs help getting around, but still is as kind and warm-hearted as ever. He's a good man.



This is Kristie's son Chandler. This guy was a little kid when I met him just a few years ago, and now he's like 12!! Awesome little guy but he won't be a "little guy" for much longer at the rate he's going.



Here are some shots of a wet Mr. Avery eating watermelon. He's growing like crazy too!



Kevin's such a good dad.



Lots of wet little feet running around that day! The kids had a blast. It was a great day.



Carrie, showcasing her coolness... hehe...



This is my cousin Dana's little dog Sambo. He's such a hambone. Cutie.



Beautiful day, beautiful sky...



Carrie makes friends with every living creature she crosses paths with. She's amazing in that way :)



Kevin and Abel...



My groovy dad. He worked hard that day with the cooking and the "water sports" for the kids. He's a good guy too, like his dad.



Me with my PapPa. I'm so glad he came that day! I hope he had a nice time and enjoyed being outdoors surrounded by people who love him.



was teaching Abel how to two-step. He liked it. I think he really caught on. *grin* Never even stepped on my feet once...



Avery was having his share of fun, too! He is almost FOUR!! That blows my mind. He's an awesome little boy.





Avery the Water Sculpture... heh...



Farmer Abel!



This is me, enjoying the scenery! *grin*



My sweet brother Matt...



Carrie, Avery and a little puppy named "Boog" that had come to the festivities! Cute, cute...



Had to take a girls' pic with my cousin Dana and my Ma-Ma. I told them we looked like Steel Magnolias.



Me & Boog, gettin' sweet. *grin*



Another picture of Dana and Ma-Ma. This is a great shot!



I have a ton more pics but I think that's enough for one blog. You know; keeping to a theme and what not. :o) So far (knock on wood) it is fairly quiet here around work. Which is nice.