Saturday, February 21, 2009

The South Park Diet

There are few things in life sweeter than having a cat asleep on your shoulder. I am lying on the sofa watching Aisha Tyler on Comedy Central and Vladimir is snoozing on me with his face right next to mine. My sweet kitty… he got the snip-snip the other day. What was his little apricot is now a set of small, conjoined almonds… each bearing an identical, pink incision mark. He’s recovering well. His disposition is noticeably less aggressive. He’s still playful, but much sweeter. I think all males should have this procedure done. The world would be such a nice, nice place. *grin*

Life brings all kinds of surprises… some good, some that suck… but, at the end of the day, what irons it all out and makes it okay is having someone to love- sincerely, completely and unconditionally- and knowing you are loved in the same way. Carrie is that for me. I love her truly and am grateful for the sense of completeness I feel, having her in my life. For better or for worse, in sickness and in health, through great times and “ehh…” times, my love for her does not waiver. I am grateful for the miracle of love she has brought into my life.