Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Story

Life is so full of stories... and pictures tell stories so well. Here are a few snapshots of life from Nicole's point of view. (heh... don't be afraid!)

When I was 17, I went with my youth group on a mission trip down to Huejutla, Mexico. 10 hours down into Mexico, in the mountains, is a place very different from here.







There were some utilities but they were very limited. Hence this picture of my friend and me washing clothes in cement sinks with "scrub boards" in the bottoms... probably like my grandmother did back in the Great Depression. Heh... and like we might be doing again here soon if the economy doesn't pick up! (kidding, kidding...)



The girls on the trip pretty much had to dress like Pentecostals... no makeup and long skirts. But we had fun. This is me singing "The Sound of Music"... yeah... the heat gets to ya.



Moving backward in time... back to the US, at the Centroplex in Baton Rouge... here is me with my Pa-Pa at my high school graduation. He looked so handsome, all decked out in his suit and tie. I always loved my Pa-Pa... I was his Coley. He was always very sweet to me. He died about a year later and a half after I graduated. I miss that old toot...



Going back even further... I'm not sure what year this was... but this was our dog Lady. She was a good ol' girl. Soft, long hair and shiny blue eyes. She was a sweetie.



This is my sister with Lady on my grandparents' frozen pond. It so seldom freezes down here in Louisiana... we had fun whenever it did.



I would like to note here that little Vladimir is asleep on my chest as I'm reclined on the couch writing this blog. Wish I could get a picture but if I so much as move to get a camera, he will run off and this sweet little moment we're having will be over. Awww. Sweet little Vladimir. Avery calls him, "Vaa-da-MEER-a!" *grin*

Long time ago, here's a shot of my brother Kevin... Avery's dad... riding his horse which we still have out in my grandmother's shed and which Avery himself likes to get on whenever he can! Cute, cute...



This is my brother Matt when he was born. hehe...



This is Danny Callihan in the 5th grade. I had a crush on him. Hehehe...



This is me in the middle with Kevin and Lisa, and our MamMa. I don't remember for sure when this was taken. Somewhere between third and fifth grade, I'm sure. MamMa was always really sweet to us too. Miss her...



This is on my grandparents' back porch. My Pa-Pa always had his feet propped up on that table... unless the table was holding a tray of coffee cups. That's Kevin and Lisa and, yes, a goat. How awesome is that. ..



This is my friend Kellie Johnson. She was my best friend in middle school. I don't think I've talked to her since middle school! It would be amazing to see all these random people again. Good times, good times. Anyway, this picture was taken on a trip to Washington D.C. we took in 7th grade. That was a great time.



We passed by this really big house on Pennsylvania Avenue...



...toured Arlington National Cemetary... soldiers' graves as far as you could see in every direction... makes you stop and think, and be thankful...



Meanwhile, back at the ranch... this is my Pa-Pa's dog. His name was Boogy. He lived back there with the goats and the pond. I'm sure he felt like he was the ruler of the goat yard. heh...



And this is my family, minus me, who took the picture. My mom was just a little older in this picture than I am now. I cannot imagine having 4 kids, heh... Man. They had no idea, when they were dating as teenagers, what would come in time! Wow. Crazy stuff.



This is Jeremy. My one boyfriend, heh... I dated him in 10th grade for a few months. This picture was a bit later, though. This was on a trip our youth group took to Phoenix, AZ. Bro. Rick Bezet (our youth pastor) had called Jeremy to his room saying he needed to speak to him very urgently. Jeremy got there and Bro. Rick had a couple guys throw a bucket of water on Jeremy when he opened the door. Great times, great times. *grin*



This is my brother Matthew. He used to always let me dress him up as all kind of stuff and take pictures. This was my re-creation of "Where's Waldo?".



So many pictures... I started out looking for one in particular, and now I have come upon it. Just got a little nostalgic in my search and wanted to share a few.



Read more: http://www.myspace.com/etheridge26/blog?page=6#ixzz0x5FXhdAz