Saturday, June 10, 2017

Jenny, Jenny, Who Can I Turn To??

...Or, "Numbers"... LOL

I have made it to about chapter 14 or 15 in the Book of Numbers.  Which, to my surprise, is actually turning out to be quite interesting.  Numbers, to me, had always just seemed like a list of names; like the "begats" listing Jesus' genealogy in the New Testament.  But Numbers, thus far, has told fascinating stories.  The Book of Numbers also presents a type of Organizational Chart, if you will, and lays out in detail the rules, guidelines, and calendar year's events to be observed by the Israelites.

Any company today wishing to have a strong, resilient inner structure would do well to model itself after the guidelines laid out in the Book of Numbers.  In my opinion, this is an excellent structure for the backbone of any organization.  After all, I mean, it was laid out by the CEO of all the universe, Jehovah; El Shaddai, the Lord Almighty; El Olam, the Everlasting God; Jehovah Tsidkenu, the Lord our Righteousness.  Best Boss a  person could ever hope for.  😀

So, about my life.  Was bid goodbye from Albemarle on April 12 or 13.  A little while after that, landed a part-time gig at Tuesday Morning.  Went from making $500-$600 a week to a little over $200 every TWO weeks.

Trying some to supplement with driving for Uber.  Which I enjoy, except that I have been very conscious of adding miles to my truck, my sweet 2016 Nissan Frontier Stevie Nicks.  And Uber piles on miles like chocolate on ice cream.

In the meantime, I still had been interviewing somewhat sporadically.  Skipping all the details which would be really interesting if only I felt like typing them out, I am about 2 weeks from starting a job with the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry.  Not what I was making at Albemarle, but FAR more than I'm making now.  So I'm going from disappointed at a drop in pay, to excited and grateful for the great increase.  Haha.  Funny how things work, huh.

Right now I am sitting in a hair washing chair at the salon Lena has used for 20-something years and has introduced me into.  Very sweet of her; she often asks if I'd like to come along when she has a hair appointment and adds that she'll spring for a haircut for me if I'd like.  Lena is probably the kindest and most generous person I have ever known.  What an amazing bonus that we are in love with each other.  😁

After we finish here, we are going to the home of Lena's brother Jimmy, in Metairie, to pick up her brother Danny who has flown in from Rhode Island to visit his siblings.  Lena is excited beyond words because she hasn't seen Danny for 15 years.  He's going to stay with us for awhile then probably go visit their brother Mike who lives in Houston.

Every time I come to this salon, I feel aggravated.  Like, I wish I could get out of here and go do something else.  But I will be a big girl and stick it out as long as I have to.  This is not forever; this too shall pass.

Maybe I will make an eavesdropping post.  I haven't done that in a long time.  Good, clean fun.  I just have lacked a computer with a full keyboard until recently, which limits what one can type and the speed at which one can do so.

Later taters.