Saturday, March 28, 2015

Turning Up Roses

In Starbucks on this crisp, happy spring morning. Just stopped by to make a drop off at Goodwill. So far, it's a good day.

Though I will say I am somewhat hungry... maybe more like just short of ravenous. Over the past month or so, I've been transitioning to the vegan lifestyle. I'm finding this change very rewarding and also refreshing. Though finding vegan foods at public eateries is proving challenging.

This morning, I am about to enjoy a grande soy latte. After it cools a little.  :)

One thing I'm VERY excited about is themyanned move next week OUT of my apartment and INTO a real, free-standing SINGLE-FAMILY-HOME house! And it's beautiful,  and spacious, and wonderful. Brick and wood outside,  all wooden inside, it was built in the 1940s and has cozy, homey features like 12-foot ceilings and transome windows above the doorways.  The landlord is a kind, calm and friendly FAMILY man who lives next door and, as it turns out, goes to our church.

So no more noisy neighbors,  no more band practice above my bedroom until the wee hours, and no more frantic hurrying from the car to the door,  holding my breath to stave off the repugnant second-hand from my neighbor who loved to suck nicotine outside her door as she sent and received incessant text messages that beeped and beeped and beeped....

No, no more of that. I anticipate happy mornings in a sunny kitchen, cats swirling gently around my ankles as I swirl fragrant coffee in my mug. I anticipate looking out over a happy back yard surrounded by wooden fences and seeing the small vegetable garden I will plant.

Yes, everything is turning up roses... which,  by the way, I will be planting in the flower bed along the front side of the house.

Pictures to come.

God loves me SO MUCH! And I love Him right back. :)