Thursday, October 11, 2012

Trusting God's Promises

Jeremiah 17:


7 “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord
and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
8 They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
with roots that reach deep into the water.
Such trees are not bothered by the heat
or worried by long months of drought.
Their leaves stay green,
and they never stop producing fruit."


How dreamlike and amazing is that concept... not to be bothered by the heat or drought, ie: pressures of this world. Never worrying about whether we will have enough, where we will get what we need, stresses about what might or might not happen...


But then, that's pretty much a theme throughout all of God's word. Why can't I "GET" that?? Plug into God, no worries. Plug into God, He is my source and my protector and I truly have no worries.


I guess it's the continual pressures; the collection agencies on my tail, whom I would GLADLY pay IF I HAD THE MONEY... the student loans I absolutely cannot afford to pay... those are pressures that eat my brain day after day.


So perhaps... those things are the "heat" and the "drought" mentioned in those verses. I mean in all reality, I have a home, I have a job, I have a vehicle, I have food, I have pets and am able to care for them...


Lord, please help me to truly trust You... not just in my words but in my heart and in my head. You are GOD. If I can't trust You, who can I trust? Help me to live according to Your Word... not only in obedience, but also in terms of believing your promises and believing Your love. Thank you!