Monday, August 27, 2012

Waiting on Isaac

At Starbucks with Lena. Just chillin. Also taking advantage of some free time to relax before, potentially, the storm gets here and, potentially, electricity goes the way of the wind, taking with it much of what I value as attributes of comfort in day-to-day life. Like, oh, air-conditioning. haha

Kind of funny... like how annoying it is to me when someone is called an "alleged" criminal. Whoever... was SEEN shooting whoever else... tons of people SAW it, etc etc, yet, until the aforementioned Whoever is convicted in a court of law, Whoever is referred to as the "alleged" shooter or the "alleged" murderer or what have you. It's all BS in my opinion.

Anyway, so we are waiting on Isaac, the ALLEGED tropical storm - slash - potential hurricane... to make landfall and shred away at the toes of the State of Louisiana. Then allegedly, potentially continue on its North/Northwest predicted path... and come blow things around up here in Baton Rouge. Well, that's after Isaac deals with New Orleans... and may God have mercy on that city. They don't need another soak.

Today, at the end of my workday, I was way out near what, for some reason, they call the "Bone Yard" in the North 40 of the plant where I work... filling sandbags. About 1/3 of the bags we began filling revealed themselves to be torn, or split down the sides, probably from sitting unused in the warehouse for who knows how long. So we covered about 2 wooden pallets with filled sandbags, and my guess is we'll be out there again tomorrow doing the same thing. Isaac is expected to arrive tomorrow evening.

Allegedly... LOL

So, when Lena and I leave here, we are going to my house to gather my baby boys... my sweet kitty cat loves of my life, Hippie and Leroy. We are all bunking at Lena's for the duration of the storm. Luna is already there. We have plenty of water, canned goods, non-perishables of various varieties, and enough toilet paper to wipe both our behinds completely off, should the notion strike us. Additionally, I am stocked up on art supplies and crossword puzzles, and a book I'm reading... my pastime passions of late. I hope Lena has things to do. I can entertain myself endlessly in my own little world of imagination, creativity and construction... but I don't want to wall her out. Hopefully, we can each do... whatever... simultaneously. And for those in-between times, we have purchased two decks of playing cards. We should be fine

I also want to go out walking with Luna after the brunt of the storm has passed. Make it kind of a tradition; she and I took a long photo walk together after Gustav in 2008. Cool thing about Lena is, she'll probably want to walk too. And take pictures too. UNLIKE my paramour during Gustav... who rathered to spend her time at the house. I'm not criticizing... just really liking the extent to which Lena and I share so many interests. Awesome to have that in a relationship. :)

Okay, time is passing... gotta hit the road and go get my boys and a few odds and ends I've been writing in a list while typing this blog.

All this Isaac stuff will turn out fine. Hopefully there's not too much disaster... maybe just a good day off work. That'd be fine by me. :) :)