Friday, January 27, 2012

I Have Just Eaten Skittles

...which are, in acutality, little various brightly-colored wads of sugar. Nice. But they were a gift from my pal Jorge. Nice guy. Anyway.

I'm kinda excited because I have some new friends coming over tonight! Yeah... like a kid in school, "I made a new friend today!!" They are a couple. I work with one of them; met them together in the dog park near my house. Been hoping to meet some lesbians at dog park... I mean, it's kind of inevitable... though they do seem to always come in pairs. Oh well. This is a start; new friends - and a friend at work, which is very cool. Someone to see and say hi to, etc etc... :)

Glad it is Friday. It has been a long week and I will enjoy a few days' reprieve. I also have a few things I want to make/do/work on... we'll see if that materializes or not. I might just wanna chill. B)

Things I want to work on:

-Some version of curtains for my kitchen... they will be totally unique and original and mostly pieced together from fabric scraps I have gained over the years from both my grandmothers. Make the place look nice and homey, and keep people from being able to see in from outside. That bothered my mother a lot; that people can look in through the gaps between my blinds and see that there is a me in my house. I kind of get what she means; it's not the worst area but far from the best area. So, curtains.

-More pages in my journal aka my altered book, I believe is what they call them these days. You take a real, printed book and paint/decorate/draw/paste things upon the pages. Make it your own. Really cool idea. Here are some examples of other people's work I found on craftster.org :

-And finally, I have a painting in my head. It's an image that lodged itself there (in my head) when I was reading a book not too long ago. A girl in the book has been through traumatic A-Z and often has a creepy sense that people are watching her. I want to paint a picture of a nervous-looking young woman with eyes pasted all over her, like the goosebumps she would feel while sensing she was being watched. I'm a little intimidated of this painting, though, that it won't come out to look like what I intend it to look like. Anyway, I'm gonna give it a try. The book was amazing, for anyone interested... it was called "Love Me to Death" by Allison Brennan. Here:

LOVE ME TO DEATH

One hour to go and my weekend begins. And friends tonight!! Friends with DOGS too, so Luna gets to have friends over too!!! Very happy me. :)