Monday, July 25, 2011

Amazing.

Amazing things are happening in my life lately. I have so many things so say, I don’t know quite where to start.

Actually right now I’m a little distracted because I’m waiting for a return text from Artist. I sent her a text, teasing her… I thought it was tremendously funny but it’s not half as much fun if she doesn’t respond. Of course knowing her… she’s got such a sharp wit… she will take the time she needs to craft the most stabbing reply possible. Hehe. I like being friends with her.

Yes, I said that. I love being her friend. That is the direction she and I are headed and, after much mental processing on my part, I am fine with that.

I am learning like crazy. There is also purpose for THAT, beyond the world of the Artist. I need to dig in deeper and learn more, faster!! I have a sense of urgency there.

Yesterday I played and sang in church. That was really exciting. Hadn’t played in front of people in a LONG time. Back in the saddle feels nice. :)

Yesterday afternoon, I met the Artist at the Shaw Center. We went and sat on the 4th floor balcony and talked for about 2 hours. She also let me read from a book of her poetry. Talk about GUT-WRENCHING… her poetry was so vividly written, reading it made me almost hurt physically! What I read was obviously from a very hard time in her life. She’s one of THOSE… one of those I keep coming across… who have reached their current place in life only after walking a very broken, harsh, rocky road. Artist is an amazing writer. I told her over and over how much I appreciated her letting me read her poetry; her writings are very personal and real.

I guess I do kind of still have a crush on her… to say I completely did NOT would just be a lie. But I am handling it a lot better. Haha!! Truly though, I love having her as a friend. Getting to KNOW her… and letting her know me, the real me… without the encumbrances of all that comes with having a relationship… is, at this point, a very clear and free experience.

Also, I was able to give her a Bible Promise Book yesterday! She is expressing an interest in the Bible. That excites me because I have been praying hard for her to want God, to hunger for His real love. Circumstances have been lining up in her life, I tell you what! So she has a Bible now, and told me she had “thumbed through some of it.” I was able to show her the book of John, to tell her that is a good place to start. John is God’s love letter to us. I told her, it tells of Jesus’ life, death and resurrection, and really explains the REASON for the rest of the Bible. I also showed her how to find Psalms by opening the Bible to the very center. I am so excited and need to keep on praying for her. Love that girl… in the best way possible.

It has been a very rainy day. Since I ran yesterday, I might take the evening off and read some. I am loving life lately.