Saturday, September 11, 2010

Big, Easy Saturday

Yesterday after work I got Kevin to drop me off at a bus stop on N. Sherwood. Got there around 5:30. Finally got to my hotel at almost 8:30. Ha - hats off to the Baton Rouge Capital Area Transit System.

Checked into the Extended Stay at Citiplace. Walked over to On the Border and ate a beautiful steak burrito with a decent Strawberry Msrgarita. (yes Margaritas deserve to be capitalized LOL)

This morning I woke up at 3:10 a.m. and decided to just stay up. I had set my alarm for 3:30... this way I didn't have to rush at all and even had a time cushion.:)

At 4 I was outside waiting for my cab. He was right on time and straightaway took me to the Greyhound station. Later boarded the bus, slept as we drove through the dark, and now I am in New Orleans.

Walking is not fun today; my ankle is bothering me again. But if I just stop for a minute every so often, it's ok.

Sitting now in PJ's on Canal Street. I remember, when I was in college, thinking how I would love to explore Canal Street all by myself, and here I am.

Carrie and her mom are at a hotel on Decatur but I don't think I'm going there. There is much ground to cover!

Planning to limp around the Quarter (ha) and look in shops, or at least windows, until they open up. It's 7:30; shouldn't be too much longer.

Hoping today will be a good day!