Friday, May 7, 2010

Large Dog on a Bike

Last night I had another weird dream I will have to piece apart. Here goes, as best as I can remember it.

I was with my dad *I think* and maybe Carrie... that part is fuzzy... we were walking through an area that was a lot like the French Quarter just a lot less busy. And a little darker. The sky was cloudy and it was evening - so cloudy that everything seemed to be in black & white. I was walking with a bike, too.

All of a sudden, I came upon this enormous dog! It was huge like a Great Dane only with longer hair. Gray and white, mostly gray with white strands throughout. Pointy ears. Looked kind of like this German Shepherd but with the colors I indicated: It was the sweetest and friendliest dog and he was following me so I, of course, "adopted" him as part of our group.

We got to where we were headed... some kind of outdoor ampitheater and stage - like the one at LSU but wooden. We were seated down near the bottom, right next to the stage. The top of my head was about level with the stage. The dog was with us, sitting by me and, off and on, nudging me for attention and petting. Sweetest dog!

Thunder started, and people started fleeing like mad. A big storm was coming and it was going to be dangerous with flooding and lightning. So we hauled it out of there! It was raining in torrents and the streets filled up with water fast.
We got to a hiding place inside a storefront when I remembered I had forgotten the dog! I felt terrible; that sweet dog had depended on me and I left it to fend for itself, thinking only of ME. I felt horrible!

But my dad wouldn't let me go out and look for the dog. Finally the rain stopped and the water went down quickly. I took off on my bike, headed back to the ampitheater area.

I found the dog! I was so excited and so was he! With strength from the excitement and adrenaline, I scooped him up and sat him on the little metal rack behind the seat. And we took off! I was worried he would fall off because he was just sitting there, but he stayed upright like a Weeble! I could tell he was just so glad I came to rescue him. He was wet and so was I, but we were relieved and glad. I was headed back to meet my dad and Carrie.

Then an alarm clock went off so I didn't get to see what happened. AHH!! hahaha

OK here's what I found... as much as this filtered work internet will let me...

To dream about a dog that fondles you indicates great gain and constant friends.

To dream that you are riding a bicycle signifies the need to balance work and pleasure in your life. (hmmm... okay...)

Thick, slow-moving clouds represent confusion.

If you dream about family, it may be a way for your mind to express feelings and concerns about your real family that you could not express in daily life. Some believe that this dream usually has nothing to do with your actual family members, but rather the male and female sides of your own personality or self. So in a dream, your father may represent your expressive and protective aspects.

To dream of a girlfriend can be a straightforward representation of feelings or anxieties about your real life girlfriend.

Dreaming about being frustrated represents a feeling of being unable to cope with something going on in your life. You are concerned about the direction of your life.

Dreaming about a fear of yours means that you are having anxiety about certain events in your life.

To dream of night time signifies obstacles in achieving your goals. You may find that some issues you are facing are still unclear.

If your dream takes place outdoors, this symbolizes freedom, tranquility, restoration, and renewal. It may also mean that you want to fully experience and express your feelings and instincts.

Running suggests that you are feeling trapped or stressed by school or work.

A storm suggests confusion and anxiety in the dreamer.

If you dream of being unprepared for something, it represents your fear of messing something up and failing. You may be worried and insecure that you don't have what it takes to accomplish a particular task coming your way.

Water is the universal symbol for emotions. Turbulent, choppy waters in which a dreamer fears being swamped or drowning symbolize that you are being overwhelmed emotionally.

---SO THERE WE HAVE IT! Basic summary: I need to get myself together! heh... Yeah.. most of the symbols in my dreams lately reflect that I'm unsteady and uncertain. That's just life though! I will survive! :) Just like Gloria Gaynor. heh...