Sunday, February 8, 2009

Life in Six-Burgh

Yep, that's what they're saying around here since the Steelers won the Superbowl. "SIX-BURGH"... because the Steelers are the first team ever to win the Superbowl six times. Pretty cool! I swear to you, the folks up here are actually a good bit more devoted than LSU Tiger fans! And I thought that was impossible, heh! Live and learn...



Here is Luna, the day of the Superbowl, graced in her new favorite piece of sportswear... the TERRIBLE TOWEL!!!!!!!







(she's so patient with me, heh...)







Bobby, of course, thinks Luna is so cool and awesome, so of course... hehe...







We're having lots of good times with the pets. They are so sweet. I'm really glad Carrie brought me and all the kiddos up here with her.



Here's Taz, being his sweet, loving self...







This is funny... Vladimir has declared a "favorite spot" (he has several; this is one...) in the upstairs kitchen window. How cute is this...







Here's me, looking lovingly at Rocco... who is looking curiously at Vladimir... who is looking at Carrie like he knows who she is and what she's "up to," heh...







Vladimir likes to look out the door window downstairs. I thought this was cool... check out the reflection of his eyes in the glass... kinda eerie! haha







Yeah once, Vladimir excaped out of that door and disappeared into the night before I could apprehend him. I was scared for him and glad when he decided to show up again; it was in the single digits that night and the little guy just isn't that insulated... crazy kid.



So the cats have been getting lots of rest on this vacation away from their day-to-day... not that they don't rest just as much at home... haha...



Here's Taz...







And Vladimir, in the downstairs kitchen...







And Little D, in the upstairs kitchen!







West Deer Township has definitely grown on me.







Believe it or not, the snow has finally decided to begin MELTING! The meteorologists up here call it the "January Thaw"... just happened a little late this year. I suppose it will be kind of soggy around here for awhile... in the afternoons, at least. The temperatures will still (for the next few nights) get down below freezing after dark. Which means thick, slick ice in the mornings! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!







Here's the yard... where, last week, my foot would go down through snow 4-6 inches when I walked there... hey look, GRASS! heh...







We should be heading back to Baton Rouge this week... tomorrow or the next day, depending on how much we can get done in the meantime. I have enjoyed my time here, but I am ready to get back down south.



(and see my nephews!!!)



LATER!!!!!!!!!!