Friday, May 29, 2009

Mochasippi

Mernin. Work did not deserve me today... so I am here instead, at CC's, collecting my thoughts and relaxing. Lots to do at home today, which is worthwhile in my mind... too much going on at this temporary penny-job that pays me a single digit and some change an hour and keeps wanting to add to my list of duties... not worthwhile in my mind.

I love Carrie. She is at home today and when I return I have been asked to bring her a Mocha Latte with whip. My pleasure. Then we will be asses and elbows for the rest of today and probably tonight, preparing for our phenomenal yard sale tomorrow. We have signs to make and things to price... but we will do it, and we will accomplish something together, which is always a good thing in my book.

I love this coffee shop. I have memories here and every time I come here I feel that same sense of peace... this was a "safe place" for me, in my mind, when I was in that turbulent phase of my life... deciding whether to come out and what that meant to me... I would come sit in here and talk to friends online, my own haven of solace in a crowd with no one to pester me and tasty coffee to keep me company. The mere smell of this building makes me happy. :o)

The reason we planned this garage sale was to lighten our load before a move to Las Vegas... but that is up in the air now. However, we still will be moving to somewhere, who knows exactly, but we opted to not renew our lease and our landlord has already been showing our place... at his convenience and not ours........ but we have to move, so we might as well get rid of some stuff.

Tonight Carrie and I are probably going to eat at the buffet at the Belle of Baton Rouge. That will be nice and I look forward to it.

I love my baby. She's awesome and I am grateful for her in my life. Things are good on the homefront. The homefront is just... getting a facelift and... relocating.

Have a great day!