Sunday, March 11, 2018

The Dark, Damp Night of Romance and Mystery

...Tried really hard to come up with a gripping title for this one; that's what came out, so...

This will be another blog post sharing a dream that I woke up from this morning... it affected me strongly, so much so that I knew I needed to write it down.  I typed it into Google Keep (where I keep many of my dreams I feel are worth documenting) then decided to go ahead and make it into a blog post.  Let's see what I can derive from the tangles inside my head that produced this conpletely fictional dream.

I dreamed I was dating (let's call her Jane). Well, considering dating her. She came to my house to pick me up and take me out. It was very dark,

To dream that darkness comes upon you signifies failure in some work that you are attempting.  Darkness is synonymous with ignorance, the subconscious, evil, death, and fear of the unknown. If the sun breaks through the darkness, then you will overcome your failures. If you feel safe in the dark, then it suggests that you like not knowing about certain things. As some might say, ignorance is bliss. 
To dream that you cannot find someone in the darkness signifies that you need to keep your temper in check.  You have the tendency to let your emotions get out of control and lose your temper.
To dream that you are lost in the darkness denotes feelings of desperation, depression, or insecurity.
To dream that you are groping around in the darkness indicates that you have insufficient information to make a clear decision. Do your research and do not rush into making choices.

something that made me think of the French Quarter but without the lights or the people. The air was wet.

To dream that it is humid suggests that you may be lacking some understanding in a situation. As a result, you are feeling anxious.

The only lights were like candle lights.
To dream that it is dim indicates that you are lacking clarity in a waking situation. You need to shed some light or perspective on the issue. 

I had it in my mind that I wasn't going to get involved with her - that she was bad news - that we would just be friends.. But, like a strong wind, she swept me off my feet and spun me around and around in her arms.


To dream of romance suggests that you need to be more affectionate in your waking life. Perhaps you are longing for more romance in your personal relationship.

(In the dream, she was a lot taller than me; in real life, she is not.)

To dream that others are taller than you suggests that you have a tendency to overlook things. Alternatively, the dream denotes low self-esteem issues. You are looking down on yourself.

She spun me around in her arms then pressed me against the wall and kissed me. I was thinking, why the hell not, let's just go with this.

To dream that you are French kissing...

(Seriously??  Who says that anymore??  LOL)

...in your dream suggests that you need to express emotions in a more honest way. Perhaps you need to show more passion or be more open with your sexuality.

Then she said, "Come on, let's go!" But I told her I needed to make sure my house was closed up and all the lights were turned off.
She said, "Of course," very kind and patient. Of course I found no lights on when I went through the house, but I did find the back door

To see a backdoor in your dream suggests that you need to search a little harder to find an answer to your problem. Sometimes the solution may not be obvious. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you are trying to find short cuts to do things.

wide open and Hippie was outside.

To see a pet in your dream represents civilized instincts. You are keeping your temper in line. Alternatively, seeing a pet indicates a need for love and acceptance. Perhaps, you are lacking attention from others and are feeling neglected. 

I scooped him up and brought him in and shut the door, then went back out front where Jane was waiting on a motorcycle. I got on, we sped off into the night and went where there were lots of other people and restaurants and cars but it was still very dark.
To see or ride a motorcycle in your dream symbolizes your desire for freedom and need for adventure. You may be trying to escape from some situation or some other responsibility in your waking life. 

There was a lot more to the dream; in it, I was also contemplating dating someone else and was partially involved with them. I had not made up my mind. But, to let
Jane know (to be honest with her) without being completely honest, I mentioned that they wouldn't take a hint and get gone, and asked her for advice on how to handle that. I don't remember what she said, if anything.

Then we were in some kind of vehicle without a top,


To see or dream that you are in a convertible refers to your glamorous attitude. You are showing off your power and influence.

her and me and maybe 2 gay guys?? Not sure. But we were riding around and they were pointing out great places to go, to eat, etc.

Then I was at
Jane's place, with some other people, in a kind of library.

To dream that you are in a library signifies your search for knowledge and your hunger for ideas. You may be trying to seek out new meanings to life. You need to study and evaluate your situation before taking action.

We were discovering/discussing how, when she was in the military, they disguised her



To dream that you are in a disguise indicates that you are hiding from something or someone in your waking life. It is time to face reality and stop hiding behind a facade. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are being someone you are not.  (Translate to her/she/Jane, I guess.)

as a man and gave her many, many identities to get into places in other countries and do spy work.

To dream that you are undercover indicates that you are hiding your true feelings or true nature. Perhaps the dream is trying to tell you that you are being someone that you are not.  In particular, to dream that you are an undercover cop implies that you are going against your conscience.  **(I'm not sure if this if referring to me or to her or to how I think about her.)

We were looking at all the... kind of like school yearbooks... but they were each about just her and what she had done under each identity, with pictures. It was fascinating. She was not with us at the time and I felt a little guilty, like I was prying... then I felt kind of proud because I was impressing the other people there with this information I knew about her that they hadn't known of before.

Then I found small, flat, 8 1/2 x 11 boxes like boxes of blank Avery labels. Each was labeled with one of her identities and had inside a sheet of chocolates, pieces together like a hershey bar, but each the size of a small school picture, together forming an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. I started eating them, feeling a little guilty for going through her things and probably destroying things that were one-of-a-kind, but I kept going because the people were so impressed. I shared the chocolates with them.

I don't know if this was in the dream or as I was waking up, but I remember thinking this stage of her flattering me and being head-over-heels with me was sure to be short-lived. Because she was an alcoholic. And eventually, the rapt fascination would turn to disinterest then gradually turn into abuse. Because that's how those relationships work. The sweep you off your feet and amaze you with their wildly romantic and spontaneous actions; you are the world to them... until you're not. You are everything, then the excitement fades and you are nothing. You are the apple of their eye until you are the outlet for their anger. Etcetera.

But, in real life, I do miss
Jane my friend and would like to spend some time with her. She was abusive to (as well as enamoured by) another real-life friend when they dated. I had that in mind when I first met Jane and am sure that kept me from going down a road I don't want or need to ever go down again. But she did turn out to be a really great friend.

Yeah so, my attention and/or desire to piece apart and interpret this dream ran out about halfway through.  Maybe I'll get back to it later.  For now, I'm going to read some Proverbs and enjoy the sound of the hard raid outside.