Saturday, March 24, 2018

Take the Long Way Home

Well.  I just walked for about an hour from my house,
Related image (hahahahaha... Lena's shorter so I guess she's the cop!)

...to Smoothie King,
Image result for smoothie king

and then to the Main Library on Goodwood
Image result for picture east baton rouge parish main library

where I am now. 
(Listened to a RadioLab podcast while I walked.  It was about the beginning and development of the show Candid Camera - it was really interesting!  Check that out here: RADIOLAB

It took about an hour or so, I think.  Google maps says my route was about 3 miles.  I guess that's good for me. 

My Fitbit wants me to take 10,000 steps a day.  Depending on the particulars of a day, I usually end up with about 5,000 when I leave work.  If I go early to Crossfit

and walk or run a little on my own before class, I can hit the 10,000 then... or sometimes I'll hit it during or after class... or, sometimes, I'll end my weekday in the 8,000's.

On any normal Saturday or Sunday, I move so little that sometimes I don't even break 2,000.  Seriously.  Right now, I'm at 8,464.

  And I still have to walk home.  Unless I punk out and get Lena to come pick me up... hahaha...
Image result for clip art woman in a hatchback  She's so cute.  :-)

So here I am at the library, had several things I wanted to do here but can only remember 1 or 2 or them.  Such is the life.

One thing that's been on my mind a lot lately is AGE!  I am 42.  I weigh about 20 pounds less these days than I did over the previous... 10 years or so?  I'm in better shape, yada yada... but I'm FORTY-TWO!!  Like EVERYBODY around me, a lot of the time, is younger than I am!  I don't ever want to hear someone refer to me as "that lady" - I like being "that girl."  My eyes are a little puffy, I have a few wrinkly places on my face, a couple of sun spots, and I find the occasional grey hair... I don't like it at all!  The people I work out with, a lot of them, I could be their freakin' MOM!  That is SO WEIRD and I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL!!!!!

But that's one of those things I can't do anything about.  So I'll have to find ways to cope.  Maybe I should read up on things like "embracing my age" or whatever.  That is definitely one thing that has me agitated a lot lately, though.  Errgh..

At LEAST my putting so much effort into working out is like... preventative maintenance.  The stronger I make my body, while I am easily able to do so, the stronger it will remain when I get (*cough*) old.

(See, Amber... I listen... LOL!)
 (This is Amber, one of our awesome coaches.  She makes some really wise comments while we work out... not preaching;  just tossing out her Mardi Gras beads of sound advice.  Like talking about the functionality of fitness and strength.  Smart, strong woman there, and a great motivator.)

(Y'all COME WORK OUT WITH US!!!  We have an awesome, brand-new building, a top-notch staff I like to plug as often as I have the chance, and a program that will be scaled to your individual needs and abilities from day one, forward!  Yes, it's hard work... but it is SO WORTH IT and, for what it's worth, a lot of fun!)

Okay, that will conclude my Geaux Crossfit commercial for today.  (Click the link!! haha)

Not much else to say today.  I just missed blogging so I wanted to poke my head up and say hi, like Punxsutawney Phil.
Image result for punxsutawney phil

And now, I believe, I am seeing my shadow.
 (yep, there it is...)

Soon I will refill my water bottle and begin my trek back home.  There I will take a good, hot shower and settle back into my couch for some good TV viewing. 
Image result for clip art woman on sofa watching tv

I love the weekends.

Take care, y'all!!

xo
Nicole

(MUSIC AS THE CREDITS ROLL)