Saturday, May 19, 2018

Finding Comfort

I don't know about you, but I have been thirsting for some comfort... some gentle caring to my spirit and soul; some simple kindness.
Image result for clip art sheep
 This need did not become evident to me until this evening.  I had a mass of thoughts and concerns swirling through my head and was considering writing a blog to share how I was feeling.
It occurred to me (via God, I'm sure) that, instead of writing about my woes, I should read the Bible until I found a salve for what I was suffering inside.  In other words, don't post my troubles for the world to read; instead, draw into my self and go to the source I KNOW always comes through for me and provides the help I need.
Image result for clip art peace
I went to Isaiah, where I have been reading lately.  The first few verses I read totally hit the spot for me.  Here, I will share them with you:
“Comfort, comfort my people,”
says your God.
“Speak tenderly to Jerusalem.
Tell her that her sad days are gone
and her sins are pardoned.”
Nothing more effective and true than the straight up word of God.  I encourage you- when you face troubles, struggles, pain or anxiety, just pick up the Bible.  Read where you've been reading.  If you haven't been reading anywhere in particular, read something you're familiar with and have drawn comfort with before.  
If you have little or no experience with the Bible, hold the book and open it right to the center.  You will land in the Book of Psalms, and Psalms can be healing and strengthening in any situation.
Be encouraged.  We are all in this life together.  You are never alone.  God never leaves you alone.  And people all around you deal with troubles all the time.  Reach out and accept as a gift the comfort you find.  Set aside any judgmental tendencies and open yourself up to receiving help.  In my life, sometimes, help has come to me from some of the most unexpected sources.
Image result for clip art helping hand
Reach for strength, embrace it and move forward.
Image result for clip art heart
Love to you all,
Nic