Saturday, June 24, 2017

my name's blurryface and I care what you think


It is a little before midnight on this Friday evening.  All is quiet in my home.  I'm dying to create some art but have no good ideas.  Or, more accurately, everything I think I might do ends up just feeling like work instead of fun, so I've scrapped all those ideas and have opted to write instead.

A good chunk of my day was given to Uber.  

Image result for clip art uber logo

Funny thing... I often ask my passengers if the air conditioner is ok for them in the back seat.  And I laugh inside when I do that... like a private joke with myself... because, in all reality, I got that from the GEICO commercial about the bank robber guys waiting on a ride from an app. So funnyl  Gotta love it. CHECK IT OUT

Today, I drove a guy from here almost 20 miles to get to his job at McDonald's.

Seriously.  We crossed the Mississippi river, then went waaaaay down all the way to PLAQUEMINE... for this young guy to work a shift at McDonald's.  I promise you, we passed as many as 5 McD's on the way there.  I hope that's not the commute he takes every day... I hope he was at a friend's house and had to get back across the river to go to work, or that he was filling in; working a special shift at that location as a favor to someone.  Because, in my estimation, getting there probably cost him most of what he made in a part-time shift at a fast food restaurant.

Jiminy Christmas.

I also got another passenger for the trip home, just before I got on the bridge to come back over.  From Couyon's all the way to the Sherwood Forest area, which was another almost 20 miles.

I'm wondering why kids work so far from where they live, especially not having their own vehicles, and with restaurants and fast food joints ALL OVER THE PLACE, right?

(I learned today that "smh" means "shaking my head" - and so, here,  I will insert a sincere smh....)

Anyway.  Before all the driving happened, I had a late-morning Starbucks get-together with a relatively new friend of mine.  

Image result for clip art two women in coffee shop

She is just great, and a lot of fun.  Also very smart, from my observations.  She's had a lot go on in her time on earth so far, and I think she has wisdom that others lacking her experiences might not have.  I really enjoyed talking to her and hope we can get together again soon!

Really though... she completely spilled her guts to me, telling me a lot of her life story and all.  I kept my guts tucked safely away in my... wherever you keep your guts... in my "guts compartment," I guess.

Image result for clip art guts compartment

Funny thing, the way I am.  She shared with me, having accepted my assurances that I would neither judge her nor break her confidence.  I am *SO* anxious about telling the darker parts of my story for those very reasons; fear that I will be judged or criticized... I'm not so much worried about anyone telling my secrets; I'm not of the opinion that my story is anything exciting enough to leave someone dying to run and repeat it to the first person they can find, heh...

But my story is MINE; it's ME, you know?  And sometimes I feel terrified to take the lid off in the company of another.  There's nothing even THAT bad or shocking; I'm just scared in general and, in all honesty, pretty defensive.  smh  LOL

Maybe "talking about Nicole" will or won't come up in time; who knows.  That discrepancy just stood out to me and I've been thinking about it today.

Ho hum.  Tomorrow we are taking Lena's brother to tour the USS Kidd, a WWII-era warship docket on the river, downtown.  

Image result for clip art uss kidd

Then taking him to walk around downtown and find a place to eat.  It should be a good time, minus the potential heat and humidity factor.

Think I'll get a snack and the hit the hay.

My thene song for the day is this one:  BLURRYFACE