Monday, May 30, 2011

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Hello. Today is Memorial Day. I am over at Kathy and Julia's house. In a little while, we will go over to Mo and Mary Ellen's for some kind of barbecue event to which I was invited posthaste yesterday afternoon. It should be nice. My camera and I plan to explore the yard, pets, house, and whatever else catches our eye as interesting. The past few days, I've been more interested in photography.

I'm a little "blah" today... had a hard Carrie day yesterday. My life now is good as long as I have something to do, or as long as I'm asleep. haha... But the evening rounded out well with Avery and me having a swimming extravaganza in my parents' above-ground pool. Avery is the sweetest little boy in the world. He wrote two notes for me on his little green chalkboard when I was about to leave... first, "I love you" and then he had my mom help him spell out, "I don't want you to leave." What a heart-twister. He needs love and to be made to feel special because his bio parents are greatly lacking in that area. Sweet, sweet little guy. I love him with my whole heart.


God has put some really wonderful friends in my life... starting with Kathy and Julia, who have essentially allowed me to invade their conjoint life, any time I need to or just want to... also Melinda, how I love Melinda... she wrote me the kindest, most endearing text message yesterday after I left church all bug-eyed from crying through the end of the service. And John, little John Dugan... so kind and so caring. I could go on but those are the ones that helped pull me through yesterday. God supplies what I need when I need it. And for that I am grateful.

And it's allllllllllll... riiiiiiiiiiiight... now. :)