Friday, January 9, 2009

With Pets in Pittsburgh

So, it has been snowing for a day or two and is supposed to snow for a day or two more. The total snow should be between 3 and 7 inches, depending on which news source you listen to. I like it here! I mean it's cold as ice, but I like it so far. So far so good.
So, so far, here is my photo documentary of my life in Steel City.

First, on the way here. I had a good co-pilot...



...helping me keep a sharp mindset of defensive driving. Sweet. Vladimir's my lil MAN!



Luna... was pretty much just bored out of her skull the whole time. Though I can't blame her. That's a long time to be squished up in a back seat... but she made it okay.



This is a shot of passing through Tennessee. I was following Carrie. That's her truck full of birdcage pieces, heh...



So we've been going here and there, getting this and that done... and doing a bit of R&R. I swear, I am so tired all the time! Carrie says it's the cold. Anyway, the past few days we've done a lot of pet transport and setup... met with an attorney... done a little laundry, paid a few bills, watched a few movies, and drank plenty of drinks. Things will pick up pace once a few legal matters are set in motion. Like opening an estate for Carrie's grandmother, etc. Until then, we're kind of in a holding pattern but there are a few things we can do in the meantime. Like cleaning... fun stuff like that, heh...

Fast-forwarding a little bit, I went out with Carrie and her brother the other night. We went to the Starlite Lounge in Blawnox. Drank a nice bit, and met some people Carrie's known for awhile... a few decent guys and one obnoxiously drunk MF asshole named Speed. *shiver* Yuck. Anyway, for the most part, we had a good time. That was Tuesday night so things were slow and we just talked a lot. Carrie, especially, needed to de-stress.

(It worked, ha ha...)



Back at Baba's house, it was Carrie and Rocco and Bobby and me, chillin and watching a movie.



We stayed up VERY late that night and slept most of the next day. Had to get Bobby to work for 3... he works at a restaurant as a cook, just like my brother. Then we went to Carrie's mom's house and went BACK to sleep, heh... uh... and then chilled with her 'rents that evening. They are huge into digital cable with every movie channel you could ever dream of having, so there's always a movie to be watched. It was relaxing.



That's Carrie stepdad... he's cool... and Luna, who is staying at that house full time while we're here. She is LOVING it, especially because there are two other dogs there and they pal around together. Sweet.



The fireplace... and the Christmas tree that was there until today, reflected in the skylight...



So, this brings us to today. Today, Carrie had some things to take care of in West Deer and I stayed here at her folks' place in Monroeville. (It's all technically Pittsburgh; they just have... villages and townships and stuff.) In the late afternoon, I took a walk. About 2 miles each way. Check it out; I bought a groovy hat at a nearby department store. I bought it specifically for the earflaps, hehe... it was a very necessary expenditure This is me in the hat when I felt like my nose was about to fall off...



The Anonymous Supertramp in a vast lot of ice and snow...



And finally, after pacing steadily up all the slopes I had paced down on the first half of my walk, I arrived back at home base. Here is a picture I call "Camaro Snowy Day Blues." She waited to greet me upon my return. Sweet car. That's what I drove up here.



Carrie got back a little while ago, after a long day tromping around in the weather taking care of business. She and Bob and I ate a nice hearty dinner... meat and potatoes out of a crock pot, of which, I myself peeled and cut up the "potatoes" portion of this meal and added it to the crock pot)... it was very good.

Now I am working on a lovely Bud Light and watching an Al Pacino/Robert DeNiro movie. Tomorrow should be more snowy than today and I will try and get a few pictures for my next update.

And Sunday... is the Steelers vs. the San Diego Chargers, which the Steelers will surely win, and there will be a Steeler party to watch the game! Anyone who can make it up here is invited! *grin*