Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Vladimir & Gonzo Sittin' in a Tree

So, I've been here in Pittsburgh for about a week and a half now. I must confess occasional twinges of homesickness, but I do love it here. Anyway I have a few pictures I wanted to post.

Since the night we got here, it has been snowing...

and snowing...

and snowing...

and... snowing....

(pretty house, huh...) I saw that house on a walk I took with Luna the other day.

Luna actually is digging it up here. She is even okay with the snow. She and Crystal, one of Carrie's family's two dogs, like to chase each other around in the snowy yard. When I took Luna for her walk the other day, she didn't seem to mind having her bare feet in the snow. She peed a lot... I congratulated her for claiming as her own more snow than any dog I'd ever seen trying. heh...

Luna is my big, sweet girl and I am grateful to have her up here with me. Here are some pictures from our walk.

(By the way, it was cold that day, but only in the 20's... today... it was... SEVEN. "FORGET ABOUT IT!!" hehe)



Remember I talked about trekking my way up and down hills and slopes? Here's one. Harsh walkin', man, but my legs feel awesome when I'm done!

I stopped into Starbucks. Luna waited for me like a good little soldier outside. I was in & out as fast a possible; I know that ground had to be cold to sit on. My sweet Miss Lu....

So they salt the streets and sidewalks, to melt the ice... and Luna kept stopping to lick the salt. I told her to stop or she'd get a heart condition, heh...


You should see the steep angle that is Carrie's grandmother Baba's driveway... the other night it was so frozen, we barely got up it in her truck. This is what the snow looked like after she struggled and maneuvered in attempt to park her Chevy. Craziness.
(Das ma GRRL, now!! Damn!!!) *GRIN*



Everyone here, of course, is born with Steelers football in their DNA makeup. The Steelers won their playoff game last week and look good for the one this weekend, which would put them in the Superbowl. We had a Steelers party last Sunday at Carrie's mom's house, to watch the game.


That's Carrie's brother with his "terrible towel." It's tradition. I don't know the history of it, but Steeler fans wave them in the stands. They all have terrible towels... Steeler fans are far more intense than LSU Tiger fans... and that's saying a LOT. hehe...

Luna wanted to wear a terrible towel herself, to be like her "uncle" Bobby.


Here, from left to right, are Stolley, Luna and Crystal. Luna and Crystal were sacked out from chasing each other around in the yard all day. Stolley is just... well she's about 14 years old. So she doesn't need an excuse to be sacked out. *grin*

And now, to address the title of this blog.

Months ago, I became the proud owner of a male, yellow tabby kitten which I named Vladimir. Vladimir has grown into a respectably-sized cat; he's like a teenager... a teenager in the throes of puberty, and has become quite the... humper....

Vladimir humps. We call him Humpamir, Hump Diddy, Sir Humpsalot, and a slew of other teasing nicknames, but he continues to hump anything he can get his little body on or around. Pillows, blankets, shoes, Carrie's and my legs... (gross)... anything. So, the other night, we found Vladimir a friend-with-benefits. heh...
He now drags Gonzo around with his teeth and humps at will. It's a shame, how funny this is to Carrie and me. But I will say we have had lots of laughter watching this... plush... love affair. hehehe.....



(yeah, sometimes they 69...)


And this is what poor Gonzo looks like after Vladimir is through with him. Carrie said it looks like he needs a cigarrette, heh...



Well, that's the news here in Lake Woebegone. Until next time, stay warm... or stay air-conditioned, whatever your situation may be.