Wednesday, June 5, 2019

"The Rest of the Story"... minus Paul Harvey

I'll admit, I lost most of my "oomph" posting all those pics from DC after I got home.  But there are still so many!  So I am going to take another swing at it.

Hopefully I won't repeat too many; if I do, kindly just pass over them and keep scrolling.  
Image result for smiley face with a camera

  This is me after eating at that small Mexican restaurant my first night in Alexandria.  It was Mothers' Day; they gave me a rose.  It was a nice rose; I kept my mouth shut.  haha


  This is a picture of trees from... somewhere... but I thought they looked neat.


  My room upon arrival at the Holiday Inn near Andrews Air Force Base in Camp Springs, Maryland.  I took this picture because I was tired and extremely relieved to be in such a nice place and not have to relocate for a whole week.


  When the Metro is busy and seats are limited... and you're 5'4" tall... you gotta stand on your tippy toes and hold on tight!  LOL


  This is how the Metro works.  You have to buy a Metro Card from one of these vending machines.  They are located just inside each Metro station.  You choose the amount you put on it, then you have to scan the card when you enter the actual station, then again when you get off and go up onto the street.  You scan, going in or out, and then the little gate things open up.  And you have to boogy or it will close.  Like if your suitcase gets stuck.  Just sayin.

The charge is made at the end, depending on how far you went, how long it took, and how many transfers you made.  I think.  Anyway, one helpful thing about these machines (in the picture) is that you can scan your card over it and it says how much money you have left on it.  It's wise to keep more than you think you'll need because you never know, beforehand, what a ride will cost and you may have to *cough cough* sneak out behind some other lady when she's scanned her card and the gates are open a moment after she's gone through.  Um, yeah so... like that.  hehehe


   This is from a place I ate one night in Camp Springs, after the day of training had ended.  I mistakenly went there thinking it was a steak house.  Twas not.  Twas some funky Japanese cuisine place... which actually turned out to be pretty good.

The Holiday Inn had a free shuttle service to anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the hotel.  This restaurant was at a ghetto shopping center within that 3 mile radius.  (Shopping and dining selections are quite limited in Camp Springs, MD)  Which didn't bother me until I had called to be picked up and was waiting and waiting... and it was getting dark... yeah.  I reached a point where I said I would give Mr. Shuttle five more minutes to show up before I called an Uber.  I believe the shuttle showed up at minute four.


  Ridin' the Metro after a long day.  Seriously, we had a commute time of an hour to and an hour from our training location.  I might have mentioned that already.  After a few days, the feeling of nausea after 30 minutes started to abate.  Crazy times.


Okay, that's all for now!  I will get all these pictures up.  I do believe it is to both our benefits for me to post them in bite-sized quantities.  I don't get brain-dead and you don't get too bored.  LOL

Laterzzzzzzz!!!