Thursday, June 6, 2019

Dupont Circle

OK.  More pictures.  Here we go!


  This is a fountain behind the mall in Silver Spring, MD near where our training was held.  It was a really cool area; kind of blocked off from cars like some parts of the French Quarter.  Just much... cleaner.  HA

These next few pictures are from a Greek restaurant I went to one evening in Dupont Circle.  I believe it was called Zorba's somethingorother.  Great food and very cute little place!

  I sat by this window in their little upstairs area.

  Some of Zorba's Greek decor... looking down from the dining loft.

  My Zorba Greek FOOD!!  It was sooooo good.

  This is what the food was called.  Could not pronounce; I had a humbling "point and order" experience with the guy at the register.  Like, "I would like... THAT."  haha  

  The view from my dining loft.  Private dining loft, actually, because I was up there by myself and it was GREAT.  :)

  People dining in the little courtyard out front.  I don't like to eat outdoors because someone might smoke and I don't like smoke.  Plehh.



  After Zorba's, I wandered down the street a little ways and got some... wait for it... CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER GELATTO!  Heaven.

After filling up, I Google-Map-Walked my way over to Kramerbooks.  This was a place I had found online when planning my trip's free time and I was excited to check it out!





  Just inside the doorway

  Books books books books books!!

  And a CAFE/BAR in the back!!  I did not imbibe but... how totally freakin' cool is that!!

  The chick at the register... notice my favorite-colored flag in the window there.  *grin*  I've heard Dupont Circle is a rather rainbow-ey area.  Sweet.

  Had to snap a shot of this.  I painted my version of it and posted it on my Instagram.  I am myblueart75 on there if you want to see.

And that about sums up my evening in Dupont Circle!

More yet to come!

Keep calm and stay Cajun!  LOL