Saturday, May 18, 2019

Virginia Sunrise. (subtitle: more DC pics)

The aforementioned Virginia sunrise has yet to take place.  I am up.  It is 5 a.m.  I will probably fall back asleep before I actually get up... but I wanted to post more pictures before that happens.

Last night, I totally crashed!  My doctor has me taking one tiny, teeny-weeny Seroquel every night and I'm telling you, it knocks me the fork out!

Okay.  So, where were we... right, Chinatown.

While I was there, I went to a Starbucks.  Seriously, in DC there is a Starbucks every few feet.  This Starbucks had a neat little second story!  Too cool.



I found a free outlet in the corner... but there was no table, so I just sat on the floor.  It was not comfortable, but I needed to charge my phone.  

The view from the window there in my little corner:




Look at the artwork on the street!  So pretty.  And so creative!

I have no idea who this guy is supposed to be.  Some tall and mysterious Mr. Chinatown.  There might have been some sort of plaque but I didn't see one.


And pigeons!  There were pigeons and puddles all over the place.


More Chinatown:


While I was there, I looked in here a little:



Kinda corny, kinda cool... the Preamble to the Constitution in license plates from all the United States:


Loved this array of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis:


Walt Whitman Way.  Very alive and alliterative.  :-)



And then back down in the Metro.  See the Chinatown sign over my shoulder... yeah, I was tired.


So, this is how the DC area Metro works.  You buy a card aka Metro Pass.  It works on both the Metro Rail system and also on the buses.


The Green Line trains were my favorite.  They seemed the newest and nicest.  Actually, I think the Yellow Line trains were of the same ilk.  When you get on, a recording says, "This is a 7000-series train.  This is a Green Line train...." and this comes on at every stop.  It says the end of the line to let you know which direction you're headed, then it tells you the next stop.

These are not at all like the ill-reputed New York Subway trains.  These are clean and nice.  Sometimes crowded, like at rush hour, but still mostly pleasant.  Though I do prefer when the car I'm in is mostly empty.  Room to breathe and no having to sit beside someone you don't know.



Alright, think I'll take a break now.  Much more to come; I haven't even gotten past Monday.  Much more to share.  Thank you for looking at my photos; sharing them is like sharing a part of me.

I think I'll go see how early Starbucks opens on Saturday here in Crystal City aka Arlington, VA.  My plane leaves at 1:44 p.m. so I'm planning on taking the hotel shuttle outta here around 11:20 a.m.  (This lovely Holiday Inn boasts a free airport shuttle that leaves promptly on the hour and at 20 and 40 after, per the skinny guy at the front desk.)

Might as well enjoy myself as much as I can while I'm here!  I will be extremely glad to see Lena this afternoon, and my pets too.  I'm just so glad to have a job that will send me hither and yon from time to time... for training, HUD conferences, and the like.

See ya guys later!!

(Hey, that reminded me... did y'all used to do this... when I was in middle school, my friends and I would write notes to each other and often would make a little rabbit face with 2 exclamation points with a smiley face underneath. haahaha!  Good memories.)

Okay, I'm going i'm going...  BYE!