Monday, January 14, 2019

Life is Like a Box of Footballs... No, Wait...

Today I have a counseling appointment and I'm nervous about it.  There is no real reason for me to feel nervous; I think it's just anxiety.  I think anxiety is what I'm going to talk about today.

Because if I show up without a topic... she just asks me stupid questions about my life.  Things that don't matter or that I don't care about.  Last time, I had something REAL on my mind, we talked about that, and I felt very good about having gone to that session.

Today... it feels like I'm about to go chunk a copay down a wishing well.  I am so nervous.  I need to chill.

I am sharing this about myself because I said I was going to try to blog more and I really am drawing a blank as to what else to talk about right now.

Not allowed to talk about work... don't want to share my worries about OTHER people because I don't want to share anyone else's business... so that leaves me.  And what is rattling around inside my head at present.

My lips are dry.  Gotta fix that.

I kind of feel like the child of divorced parents, between my counselor and my neuropsychologist.  Respectively, one wants me to take my anti-anxiety medicine more often and the other does not want me to take it too much and develop a tolerance for my dose.  Seeing how the latter is the one who actually prescribes the stuff to me, I think I will take door #2.  Maybe the talking will help.

I want to talk about how I go to sleep with my arms crossed tight across my chest and how that body language concerns me.  And about how I try to loosen up but, when I do, I feel terrified.

Too much information for a blog?  This is me, being real.  A long-ago friend once told me there are just certain things I should put in a blog and the rest I should write down.  But I don't agree.  I believe in being my plain, open self.  Maybe that will help someone not feel alone.

Okay, team.  It's 4th down, 5 seconds on the clock, and we're down 5 points.  Let's do this!!

Image result for silly football player clip art