Wednesday, January 17, 2018

And Clarence's Parents Have a Real Good Marriage

Yeah so... I woke up twice this morning during the 3:00 hour... Leroy wouldn't quit patting me on the lips no matter which way I turned or tried to cover up... and I thought, "This night is taking FOREVER!  Guess I'll have to end it myself."  So I got up.  Around 4 a.m.  Even though today, purportedly, the city is frozen and, assuredly, my office is c-l-o-s-e-double d.

Read a couple Psalms.  Cliff notes version:  God will always, unfailingly protect you, hold you close and set you so high no enemy can reach you.  God will pay back people according to what they have done, and good people will thank God because His love is unfailing.

Sounds a little like peer pressure or strong advertising, perhaps... all the GOOD people obviously know that thanking God is a way to get into the GOOD category.  Not gonna over-think that one.  God certainly IS good.  And I don't praise Him for status; I praise and thank Him all through my every day, little steps along the way, because I am constantly reminded how good and faithful He is.  Hands down.  God is the best, better than any human could ever aspire to be.

It is right to put huge effort into modeling your behavior after God's... but crazy to think you could ever be as good AS Him.

So next I had to pull up the YouTube video from 8 Mile where Eminem shows his competitor what's what, uses all the things about himself freely and honestly then tells the crowd things about that competitor that the poor guy would never have admitted about himself.  And Eminem ends with, "So go on; tell these people somethin' they don't know about me."  I love that movie.  "This is me, all of me, this is what I'm made of, this is where I come from, this is what I've been through.  Now what else you got to add to that??  Please, go ahead."  See that HERE.

And now it's 5 a.m. and I am up, in the dark.  No doubt I'll be asleep again pretty soon.  Just had to break the monotony of sleeping and waking up and sleeping and waking up, etcetera etcetera...

I hope you've all been edified by what I shared about the Word of God and the words of Eminem.  *sly smile*  I am lying on the couch with cats intermittently jumping across me like bunny rabbits.  But it's stuff like that that makes me smile and laugh.  Probably be back to sleep soon.  Which is awesome because I CAN...I love snow days.

xo
Nicole