Monday, June 27, 2016

Geaux CrossFit

Image result for geaux crossfit

This afternoon I will have my first experience with CrossFit.  It is supposed to be very intense and extremely hard.  I think that's what I need right now.  Take all my frustrations and pour them into lifting barbells and slinging huge ropes and tossing tires and throwing heavy balls up in the air.  Eventually I will do chin-ups and pull-ups and whatever else they throw at me.

I'm nervous.  Truth is, I feel depressed inside.  I worry I'll commit to this and lack the motivation to see it through.  Continually I remind myself that exercise is a great way to combat depression.  Just have to KEEP reminding myself, ha...

If I don't start, I will never make any progress and nothing will change.  Out of the rut we climb!!

My goals are as follows:

1)  Commit to this program for 6 month, working out at least 3x/week.
2)  Lose 30 pounds
3)  Build visible muscles in my arms
4)  Have a strong, muscular abdomen
5)  Work until I can do chinups/pullups

So there, I have laid it all out.  They say to write down your goals, that doing so is a step toward achieving them.

I hope to be part of a friendly group, to relax enough to be social and not wall myself in from people like I do sometimes, and to look forward to workouts partially because of the great people I'll be working out with.

My EKG and stress test showed everything with my heart is normal, so I'm going to go with that and stop living afraid of moving around too much.

Two and a half hours left til I head that direction.

Nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.  Heh!

(The future me!  Haha:)

Image result for geaux crossfitImage result for geaux crossfit
Image result for geaux crossfitImage result for geaux crossfit
Image result for geaux crossfit